RonG - April 2024 - Wicked Game (Chris Isaak) + In The Air Tonight (Phil Collins) + I'm Not In Love (10CC)

Hi my fellow Justineer’s
It has been awhile since I last posted. Been really busy with live gigs which has been wonderful.
I just added this classic Chris Isaak to my set list so I thought I would share it with you, as I really appreciate the feedback you all give.
Wicked Game Cover
[https://youtu.be/60edBBOB4Ds?si=ojQNKxBAbGKxyRhl]

8 Likes

Hi Ron, ye haven’t seen any vids from you for a while.

That was wicked :face_with_peeking_eye: :grinning: sorry about the pun. Really though really enjoyed it overall. I’d be interested to know what vocal effect you used? I think you use the Vocal Live is that correct? But would be interested to know the setting you were using?

1 Like

What a beautiful performance! Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it a lot.
That’s a great song and I’ve seen a lot of different covers, but now nothing can come close to Tenacious D’s version.
That’s just an unfair comparison and I can’t put it out of my head. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks Ron :exclamation: That was great :exclamation: Very inspirational :exclamation: Thank you :exclamation: :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

Love it Ron . Great performance

1 Like

Hey Craig,
Thank you for the feedback and I am glad you liked it.
I use a TC Helicon Play Acoustic for guitar and vocals.
For that song I was using the 3rd preset High and Low.
If you want a full breakdown let me know.
Cheers
Ron

Now that’s just messed with my head like for ever :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Cheers thank you Luc

1 Like

Thank you so much Jeff.
I appreciate the feedback.

Thanks Ron, yes TC Helicon sorry I remember you telling me some time ago. The High and Low effect makes sense that’s how it sounded. I found myself focussing on the effect of the vocal a bit too much and may have preferred a different effect but then that’s only my preference and I am absolutely no expert, you’re AVOYPs always rock mate👍

1 Like

LOL that’s a spicy meatball.

I really enjoyed that Ron. I’m sure you’ve been asked this before, but what’s the percussion coming from? Eg is it a Beat Buddy? Thanks.

1 Like

Somewhat confused by this comment, but I missed something.

Hey Greg,
Glad you liked it and thanks for the feedback.
The drums are from my BeatBuddy mini 2.
Cheers

1 Like

That was so beautiful Ron! :smiling_face:
I love this song and really enjoyed your cover
Thanks for sharing it :sunflower:

1 Like

Oh Im so sorry, your cris Issac original was great. I certainly enjoied it, i sould have made sure I commented on that first.

I got carried away and I was replying to the gentlemen who posted the Tenatious D cover song. The Quote “thats a spicy meatball” is the name of Jack Blacks band Tenatious D’s current tour. The Spicy Meatball tour. They are in Europe right now and headed to Australia next. I apologize for any confusion, Jack Black is hilarious.

1 Like

Thank so much Jasmine. :smiley:

1 Like

Now that makes sense :rofl::rofl:
And thank you.

1 Like

So my fellow Justineer’s
This one was a challenge but a song I have always wanted to try and cover.
I have got some pretty heavy FX on to “try” and emulate the original.
I think it is ready to break out at my next gig but as always would really appreciate your feedback.
Cheers
Ron
[https://youtu.be/Ua4ugN3Uv00?si=wTHjCeZAdT1HR9Gx]

10 Likes

Ron

Brilliant! The variety of strumming that you displayed, while maintaining the beat, and singing, increasingly well as the song progressed - fantastic. Certainly ready to break out!

Brian

2 Likes