RonG - April 2024 - Wicked Game (Chris Isaak) + In The Air Tonight (Phil Collins) + I'm Not In Love (10CC)

good stuff Ron- sounds like it’s ready to roll :sunglasses:
All the elements/fx are there and sounding great.
if you want to

for me, the essence of that song was the (never-ending) tension in the build-up to the drum release, which I was so happy you created :laughing:
Your drums were booming from the outset, which sounds cool, but changes it for me.
Oh yeah, if you could dress up as the gorilla, you’d bring the house down :rofl:

1 Like

That was superb, Ron. Fantastic arrangement :clap::clap::clap:. So many different and interesting elements in it. Very cool riff :sunglasses: and great vox :+1:.
Lots to love :star_struck:.

1 Like

Thank you Richard.
Would have loved to hear you soloing :guitar:

Thank you Brian.

1 Like

Thank you so much Nicole. :smiley::rose:

1 Like

This is my third post in three days.
I hope you guys don’t mind but I just had to put this one up.
I love this song and I hope you all enjoy my efforts on this one.
Cheers
Ron
[This is one of my all time favourite songs, I’m Not In Love by 10cc.
So I decided to attempt to do a cover.
I hope you enjoy my efforts on this one.
Cheers
Ron

https://youtu.be/Xd2-bs-77OE?si=2M8po1LJmnyJdzPM]

5 Likes

Wow! This is great! As usual… One of my favorite songs too. My teenage years. Thanks again Ron :pray:

1 Like

Awesome :ok_hand:

1 Like

Awesome cover of one of my favourite songs! Picking out individual strings like you at speed would be something I’d like to be able to do too. I keep on practicing, sounds great in your cover. :+1:t3:

1 Like

NOTE

The Community Recordings section is an extremely popular and busy section. Moderators will add topic creator usernames as tags in this section - allowing them to be easily found.

To make the amount of topics manageable for the casual visitor and meaningful for those that share their recordings, we ask that all members manage their own topics according to some simple guidance.

Please limit yourself to only one new topic per calendar month.

You may add more than one upload in a single topic - either all in the first post or spread through the topic as it grows with comments and replies from others.

You can edit the first post in your topics and paste a self-referencing link to the appropriate post number if a new upload is posted part way down the topic (ask if you unsure how this works). You can also ask a moderator to edit your topic title if wanted.

Whoooops,
Sorry Roger.
I will comply.
Had no about that rule.
Do you want me to delete.
Cheers
Ron

I am not a moderator :sweat_smile: and no don`t delete … they will soon be merged by Richard when he has some time or you call a mod… just think about that next time and everybody stays happy, nothing to worry about, the site still works… :smile:

1 Like

Another cracker of a cover, Ron :smiley:

The mod police will be on your case any day now, for not putting them all in a single monthly thread :rofl:
(Edit: oops, now that they’re merged, I see Rogier mentioned this on a different thread :laughing: apologies)

Once again, all the elements, masterfully taken care of.
For me, the most interesting part of the performance is the guitar and vox, which you do so well, and they are a little drowned out by the boomy/reverb rhythm section. But that’s just personal preference.
Bravo!

1 Like

Another wonderful piece of work Ron - great arrangement of one of my favourite songs. I’d take my hat off to you if I was wearing one :grinning:

All done without miles of tape loop as well :sunglasses:

(See from about 1:50 if no one has seen this before)

Best wishes

1 Like

Ron

Your version makes it a brilliant guitar song. Well done again!

Brian

1 Like

Great feedback than’ you Brian.

1 Like

Thank you so much Godfrey. Loved the 10cc vid re making iOS the track.
Cheers
Rib

You covers are always excellent, Ron, great playing, singing, and accompaniment.

I selected and enjoyed Wicked Game

I enjoyed each one of them. Your skills all around are pretty incredible. Great song choices IMHO.

Hi Ron!
It’s a great choice of song to cover (I started with Chris Isaak) :slightly_smiling_face:
It was an amazing performance, and I really enjoyed listening to it. Thanks for sharing,
Leo