RonG - August 2022 - Cat Stevens, Beatles, Fleetwood Mac

Wonderful as always. Nice guitar work.

1 Like

Thank you so much Pamela.
I really appreciate the encouraging feedback.
Cheers
Ron

Thanks Mark.
Cheers

Excellent as always Ron. Great song choice.

Glad to read you are feeling a little better.

1 Like

Thank you :smiley:

Hi Justineer’s
I have just learnt to play this classic. Well I stared ok with my picking and lost my way part way through but I still like it.
So here it is for you all to critique.
Cheers
Ron

9 Likes

What a lovely version Ron, clean and clear and lovely to listen to. Bravo, so much to enjoy here.
:slight_smile:
Critique?
For the changes between C and Am7 you have a G/B chord. I would suggest you look to change the way you finger it. Currently you are using your index finger for the bass note B on the 5th string. So your index finger is jumping from 2nd string to 5th string to 2nd string, your wrist needs to rotate and your hand / arm need to shift to achieve this. It is not optimal or efficient in terms of movement. You have it sounding fine it must be said.
You may find it easier and more efficient to play G/B with your 2nd finger on the 5th string and your 4th finger on the 2nd string.

One other point. You may wish to consider a right-angled jack. I was cringing at times when I saw the straight jack pushing against your cushions and imagining that one over-enthusiastic movement could make it to push too far and cause a bit of damage in your socket.

1 Like

Beautiful performance Ron - awesome work. I have no critique to offer I’m afraid, but can I just say again, awesome :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing Ron, I enjoyed this.

1 Like

Thank you Richard for the feedback and great comments.
I will give it a go re the G/B chord. I don’t even think about it now. Bad habits…:joy:
Regarding the jack, I have only just got the sofa in the room. I use to be on a stool. Our daughter came home and put her sofa in our lounge room, so I took ours and put it in my music room. I hadn’t even noticed it pushing into the cushion.
Thx for the warning.
Cheers
Ron

Thank you Mal. :smiley:

Beautiful song and I love your cover. Great solo interlude too.

1 Like

Very nice Ron, it’s one of my favourite songs from Fleetwood Mac, you ain’t Stevie Nicks but you’ve got a great voice and sing it with conviction, excellent cover!

1 Like

Wow that was amazing Ron! Great job all around. Love your voice.

2 Likes

Hey Ron,
Nice Fleetwood song and well done I might add. Nice tone on the guitar and you seem to have the higher end covered with your vox work. Enjoyed it and looking forward to more!

All the best!
LB

1 Like

Such a great rendition. If you don’t mind me asking, how long have you been playing, cos you are sure picking up strumming, fingerstyle and embellishments amazingly quickly?

1 Like

Great version Ron. Super guitar work and your embellishments we’re terrific. Really good vocal too. Well done.

1 Like

That was great Ron sounded really professional to me! What camera are you using to get the image so good?

1 Like

So pleased you enjoyed it Mari. :smiley:

Thank you Darrell.
It is a great song and was fun to learn, play and sing. :smiley: