RonG - July 2022 - Green Day, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Neil Young & more

Toby you are very kind. Thx mate.
No I have never sung professionally. Why? Well got married, had kids, pursued a career, got old, retired, then realized that I loved playing and singing so I still had a bit of life in the old bones to give it a shot again…thus my finding Justin guitar and doing my YouTube channel.

2 Likes

Thx Notter. Yep as I suspected the consensus is in…park the chorus…:rofl:

Thx Guiduck. I think maybe the chorus has a place but from my own thoughts and others here, probably a fair bit less than I had on. Appreciate the feedback. :+1:

Hi Batwoman,
The fx in the maton was using a boss fx board preset. I would have to go back and see which one I used at the time.
You are right about the troubled waters in NSW. It is pretty bad :cry:
Again thank you for the feedback :smiley:

1 Like

What a beautiful guitar arrangement and your cover is sensational, I love your vocals on this.

1 Like

Thank you Mari.
One of my all time favorite songs.
My arrangement was inspired from Justin’s lesson.

1 Like

Hi Ron. I thought that was beautifully played and your voice is quite magnificent. Well done.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your kind words and feedback.

Amazing Ron. When’s the concert happening? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Wow… that was some impressive singing! And the guitar part wasn’t bad neither :sunglasses: Good job!

1 Like

Mighty fine playing and singing, Ron.

I enjoyed the chorus effect, gave the guitar a different vibe to the usual.

Perhaps worth trying a blend of wet & dry if your pedal has the option. The wet would be the sound with the full chorus effect applied and the dry the natural sound.

Finding the right blend to achieve the desire effect is tricky and when the fx are more obvious, it will not appeal to everybody.

1 Like

:joy::rofl:Concert…I might try the open mic sometime.
Thanks for feedback.

1 Like

Thank you Bruggelink.
:smiley::+1:

Thanks David.
I will look into what you have suggested.
I have a couple of pedals and also my Fishman Loudbox has some fx.
Will play around with my next song I and currently working on. “Something” by the Beatles.

That was awesome Ron. Great playing and singing.

1 Like

Wow…fantastic. Very good playing and whoa!!! Those vocals. very impressive Ron

1 Like

Saw this song in the list of “latest” topics and thought “Wow, that’ll be quite a challenging vocal” and was intrigued to see how you’d managed. I wasn’t disappointed, well done! (the guitar playing wasn’t bad either :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Thank you Sandy, I really appreciate the encouraging feedback.

Thank you Ross, it sure is a tough one to sing so I really appreciate your encouragement.
Cheers

Thank you so much Colberg. The encouraging feedback I have been getting from this forum has really motivated me to keep at it.
Cheers

1 Like