Ruby Tuesday Cover

Thank you so much Lisa

1 Like

Nothing gets past you Brian. It wasn’t intention but when I’m listening back I can hear what you are saying. Christy probably doesn’t get the credit he deserves with that in mind for influencing many Irish artists voicing.

I’m taking it as a compliment.

Regarding the heart, if you have shares in Irish sausage and rasher manufacturers, sell them now. Projections for the coming year are not looking good.

1 Like

Thanks for your lovely words Constance. I’m not sure The Rolling Stones will be best pleased. Here’s the original…

1 Like

That was amazing, Dom! Based on your description of your fingers, I expected something clumsy, but this was far from it. :slight_smile: Your voice is amazing as well. I wish you speedy recovery.

1 Like

Dom,

Sorry to hear of your health issues… on a positive note, my daughter is a hospital pharmacist who sees a lot of heart patients. She tells me that those with a good outlook & especially those who pursue a low-stress hobby that they love - be it gardening, singing, writing poetry, sewing or playing an instrument increases their “survivability” GREATLY. Playing your guitar, & you do play beautifully, singing & having friends here in the Community will help your heart to get better! Just knock off the Knockwurst (or equivalent) engage in mild exercise & listen to your doctors!

Thank you for posting (as usual) a lovely, heartfelt rendition of a Classic! You are truly appreciated here my friend!!!

Tod

3 Likes

What a lovely message Tod. I really appreciate that. I’m following doctors orders. I’m sure we’ll get to the bottom of it soon enough. Your words are reassuring.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I’ve heard any Rolling Stones songs before, I always assumed they were very different genre-wise than this. I was surprised to hear recorders!

I still think I like your version better, so I guess nobody tell the stones.

1 Like

Thank you so much Boris. I’ll have to try harder to convince you I’m terrible

Isn’t wonderful that music has the ability to surprise us everyday,

It can allow us to go on exotic journeys all over the world, to visit different cultures, to journey to different times, to witness history told by those that experienced it first hand, to watch two people fall in love, fall out of love or past at the end of their lives. All we have to do is open our minds, our hearts and our ears and the world is ours.

All without leaving our own 2 meter squared existence. We live in a wonderful time. It’s almost worth a thread by itself.

2 Likes

Seems like you are already writing the lyrics for your next song, Dom…

Sending good thoughts and the little bit of sunshine, we have here in Southern Finland today :sun_behind_small_cloud:

1 Like

Dom, sorry to hear of your health struggles. Hope you stay on the path of full recovery and in due course your jamming can resume.

This is one of my favourite Stones songs. Love your intrepretation. Your guitar accompaniment was delightful.

You may have without knowing, some of their songs are well played eg Satisfaction, Start Me Up. Generally speaking this song would not be considered typical, but being a band with talented musicians, every now and then you get gems like this that are somewhat uncharacteristic. At this time, Brian Jones (RIP) was well regarded for his ability to pick up almost anything and produce something good, such as a sitar

1 Like