Ruby Tuesday Cover

Hi all,

Taken a bit of a serious bang to the physical health as of late. The heart isn’t doing so well. As a result the guitar and my jamming with friends has had to be hung up for a while.

I’ve missed my Tuesday sessions so badly this tune came to mind and I wanted to try it with finger style. When I say finger style, I have no clue what I’m doing. It’s a thumb and index finger and if the others want to join in they can. I’ve hands like elephants hooves so delicacy isn’t my forte.

(I recorded a different track with me playing seconds for myself in case it sounds weird)

Nevertheless, it’s lovely to play anything again.

21 Likes

So sorry to hear about your health. I hope you can get back to jamming with your friends soon :sun_behind_small_cloud:

There is something going on with the sound. At first it sounds a bit as if you are at the bottom of a well or so. Gets better as the song progresses (or maybe I simply got used to it).

If I would have to choose my favourite Stones song, it’s probably this one. It’s so bittersweet. I love your version, simply and just because it’s not perfect. All those a little bit unpolished things make your recording a thing of beauty.

No need to tell you that you are a great singer. You know that already, I guess :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Honestly, that was beautiful and moving. So much emotion poured into that.
Wishing you a speedy return to health.

2 Likes

Hi Dom, so sorry to hear of your health problems, hope that they are being managed well and that you get yourself recovered.

Guitar will definitely help when you can but it’s a real shame you’re missing the friends jamming, must be very frustrating for you.

I liked your version here, I certainly wouldn’t classify your finger style as “no clue”!! Understatement of 2024 so far!! Pretty heavy reverb to get used to at the beginning but as you started singing it blended really nicely.

Good luck to you and thank you for sharing this! :clap:

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. My production does need a lot of work. I think there’s some weird compression that goes on when you upload to YouTube as well.

I might try changing my approach of what type of file I upload

Very kind. Thank you so much

As I said above, I need to do a bit of work on production. What I start out liking in my ear does start to grate after a while. I’ll find a balance. One day.

Haha

Sounds great ! Love it ! Take good care Dom.

1 Like

Thank you

Great stuff as always Dom and if that’s what you refer to as clueless at fingerstyle then I dread to think what category I fall into :joy:. On a serious note I hope that you get the old ticker sorted and get back to full health soon! Take care Dom.

1 Like

That was beautiful, I hope you get better soon and you can keep rocking.

2 Likes

Dom, that was a beautiful, emotional rendition. It’s bad enough being ill or injured, being unable to play guitar as well makes it worse. Wishing you a swift return to health!

1 Like

Oh, This sounds soothing to me. I guess this is the first time to meet you. I see you’ve been on here for a little over a year with ten+ years experience, but it’s the first time I’ve commented. Now I hope to go back and listen to some of your other posts. Great vocals and, I think you’re doing quite well with your I-have-no-clue Fingerstyle. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face:

I hope you feel better soon and can get back to your jamming buddies when you are able.

1 Like

That was just beautiful, Dom! :clap:

You’ve played and sung with so much feeling and emotion, very touching. This is one of my all time favourites and your rendition did it more than justice. The way you made it your own was just great.

Despite your saying, your finger picking sounded quite delicate and far from clueless. :stuck_out_tongue:

Regards your health I’m very sorry to hear. Hope you will recover soon and maybe can get back at jamming with your friends. All the best for you. :four_leaf_clover:

Take care, Dom.

2 Likes

Well that arrived at just the right time-
I’m packing my bags for a weekend back on the aul’ sod :smiley:
Might be lost on some of the others, but I’m picking up a lovely Celtic slant (sláinte :wink:) on this.
It’s the kind of phrasing I could hear Christy Moore applying.
Capital.
Sorry to hear about the ticker :neutral_face:
Hearts are overrated. I hear you can almost pick them up like new hips these days…
Take care, buddy

1 Like

Lovely, and so moving. I’ve never heard this song before and now I’m going to have your version as the original in my head! Seems perfectly right to me.

1 Like

Doing my best and following doctors orders Eddie. Hope you’re well.

1 Like

Thanks Carlos. I won’t back down.

Thank Ian. I’ve no intention of bowing out yet :wink:

Very nice to hear from you Pamela. I’m glad you enjoyed it. We keep trying anyway.