Rue Des Fossés Saint Jacques

Hi all!
Haven’t been here for a while, I been having some health issues…

Anyway, here’s little tune by Georges Moustaki.

I was in Paris and had the idea to play that tune in the street after which it is named. Audio was very bad, so I re-recorded the audio at home, hence why the audio is not always in sync with the video :slight_smile:
The small guitar is a Harley Benton Traveller, but the actual audio was recorded with a real guitar :slight_smile:

Hope you like it!

6 Likes

Hope your health as recovered, John. Lovely tune, sounded fabulous, plus a cool video. Bravo!

1 Like

Very nice John, you played it very well. As David said I hope that your health is improving!

An aural and visual delight.
Bravo! :sunglasses:

(The only thing I didn’t like was a tiny voice in the back of my brain singing chim chiminey :roll_eyes: :rofl:)

1 Like

Very nice John. Thanks for sharing and wish you well with your health.

Sweetly played John, well done. :sunglasses:

That as a lovely bit of playing John and what a nice location to be doing it in.

I hope you health is improving.

Thank you all so much for your heartwarming comments!
As for my health… It won’t improve… This is hard to say… I had to quit the band that I played in… My right hand won’t always do what I tell it to do, something in the brain, kind of a short-circuit. Then my hand starts trembling and hesitating and I miss the beat :slightly_frowning_face:
Maybe I should play on my own from now on and only rubato, just follow my right hands lead :sunglasses:
Oh well, I’m getting old and don’t need the fuss anymore of driving to a gig, setting up, playing, breaking down, driving home.
I’ve Had My Fun If I Don’t Get Well No More, as the wonderful Lightnin’ Hopkins would say.
Here’s one for old times sake :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear about your health John but it’s good to see you are still keeping a positive attitude.

That was great, John. If not already fully well a speedy recovery.
And more please.