Runaway Train Cover Test Post

Hi all, my first post here of a song. Trying to see if this link will work. Hope it does!

11 Likes

Congrats, Carl, first AVOYP.

Link works fine and enjoyed the recording. The tone and balance is good. Your playing sounds easy going and relaxed.

1 Like

Hey Carl. That was quite enjoyable. You have a really nice voice. You certainly have one good number for your “campfire songs” list. Some day I will progress to singing while playing. In my early tries, my voice keeps trying to mimic the guitar sounds rather than the song melody. Work to do…forever.

1 Like

Carl

The song sounds good. Well done.

Brian

1 Like

Ha! … Excellent cover, Carl … and seeing as I had my phone propped up on the table against my coffee mug while listening, it also became the theme tune to a most epic battle between myself and a bacon and egg toastie, whose egg had decided to explode in my face at the first bite! :grin:

Really good, mate … well done indeed :+1:

1 Like

Hey Carl. That was a really good first video, congratulations. I wish I could sing like this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well played, sung, and recorded!

How did you record it? Sound quality was very good, with nice balance between guitar, voice, and backing track.

Thanks! I recorded it with the mic on my iPhone SE 2020 using GarageBand. Backing track was from YouTube and coming from a tablet a few feet away.

2 Likes

Sounds good! Nice work!

1 Like

Congrats on your first AVOYP recording Carl. All sounding good sir !
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi Carl,
Your first Recording is a big thing in the learning curve :sunglasses: :clap:
And you did a nice one ,test successful :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Hi Carl,

I immediately recognized that song. You did an amazing job. Thanks for posting this. I haven’t heard that song since the 1990s.

Jeff

1 Like

That was a great first post, great singing and playing. Thanks for sharing, Susan

1 Like

That’s a nice low tech (using high tech) approach that worked very well for you.

Sometimes, simplest is best!

1 Like

Enjoyed. Nice first recording!

1 Like

Great first AVOYP, Carl. Good balance on the guitar and vocal. Sounding good! Well done.

1 Like

Hi Carl,

Class tune. Not heard it in ages.

Great job.
Vocal and guitar levels spot on.

Digger

1 Like

Nice one Carl and a great choice of song and you singing is great to listen too also.

1 Like

Great job. Poignant song. I might have to try and learn it now.

1 Like