Sandy's Learning Log

A really nice and informative start to your LL, Sandy. I look forward to your future posts, both here and the AVoYP. My mother’s family came to Canada from France in the 1600s. Oh, how they love their music!

1 Like

I echo everybody else’s comments. Great first entry to your learning log. I looked at a couple of your YouTube videos and am happy you came out of your shell. They were really good.

1 Like

So nice of you to say…I have a long way to go on this journey, and you guys/gals here make it more enjoyable…and I’ll be needing a lot of feedback from the more seasoned here as I progress along. I plan on taking Justin’s music theory soon.

Are you in Canada? My paternal grandfather with his french last name was basically raised Irish. My paternal grandmother was English, Scottish, Irish. She had a leprechaun in her kitchen that she used to try and scare us with. LOL.

Sandy

For singing lessons and voice development I would certainly recommend Chris Liepe, as would Maggie and DavidP amongst others. Worth a look and fantastic value for money.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

No. I live in Indiana, USA. My mother’s parents emigrated to Detroit back in the '30s. Our Canadian relatives are all up and down the St. Lawrence River with the bulk in Ontario. My father’s family came over from Germany in the 1700s but settled in Pennsylvania. I am a mongrel with French, German, Irish, Italian and who knows what else as a gene pool! :roll_eyes: Music is a common language among all people. I came to it late, but I am so glad I did and so glad I found Justin and this amazing community.

1 Like

Never too late to chase that dream…better to try than regret is my motto.

1 Like

What a great introduction, Sandy, seems that things have been falling in place since you decided to go for it! Justin’s lessons are a great find. Keep having fun!

1 Like

Hey Sandy - welcome to the never to getting started and learn club! Seems to be a bunch of us here. I’m so psyched to find a community of so many people with similar music stories. I’m looking forward to hearing more of your story and watching you play soon. Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you Vinnie. This community is like no other. I’m so happy to have found it. It’ll be interesting to watch all our progress as time goes by.

Salut Sandra, nice post I enjoyed reading your post. Keep up the good work. You’re courageous singing and posting it. Very inspiring. Bonne Chance,
Votre Santé!

1 Like