Scale Diagrams A min Pentatonic

I came across a YT Playlist of lessons from an Amanda Monaco covering scales, triads, arpeggios etc. Just browsing really. Treating it like a bit of cross training until I can get my head around where to pick up with J’s lessons. I keep puzzling wether to pick up his new courses and start at the beginning again! No one procrastinates with themselves better then me!

For sure!

That was worrying me, that all sound different to playing Blues or impro-ing and it will be down to how its applied. I’ll send you a PM with some “stuff”

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Aaannndd….a thread come full circle :slight_smile:

If you view the pentatonic highway as just a way to traverse the fretboard you are missing the creative element that YOU bring to the table – it is on YOU to make something musical out of it. The same can be said for learning pentatonic positions or any scale or mode for that matter. If you are a “Lick Library” person or a “play by rote” person, this sort of freewheeling approach may not appeal to you.

Likewise if the pentatonic highway seems like some kind of complex concept, you probably haven’t tried it yet. Like all concepts, if the highway doesn’t appeal to you or if the messenger (me) doesn’t present it in an appealing way, move on and do your thing. No shame in taking a different path, or coming back to it later. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Clint - All John wanted was a tool for creating diagrams, we seem to have strayed. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes, we are a full service community. We give until it hurts, even after you get what you came for, we keep giving. It’s what we do because we care. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

@TheMadman_tobyjenner @clint you’re right, Toby, but I think the information you’all are giving me is as useful, I’m thinking more, then how to create a neck diagram :joy:

2 Likes