SDKissFan - March 2023 - With Me (Sum 41) + Home Sweet Home (Motley Crue)

Hi everyone,

I wanted to check in to say hi again. Work has been so hectic that I have had near zero practice time lately. I was able to squeeze in this song while on vacation on Catalina Island. Music from the kitchen. This song is by Sum 41 and hope you enjoy. Rock on

Jeff

#2 SDKissFan - March 2023 - With Me (Sum 41) + Home Sweet Home (Motley Crue) - #15 by SDKissFan

14 Likes

Love your recording, and enjoying the song.

Hope you enjoyed the vacation, Jeff.

The thumb strumming sounded good, even and smooth. Chords generally clean and smooth changes. Like the vocal on this one.

Hi Jeff,
It’s good that you’re busy with music again…keep making time in your life for music :smiley:… your low voice fit well here :sunglasses: :clap:
Greetings,Rogier

Good to have you back Jeff. Your vocal had a Lou Reed vibe to it on this one. Your strumming pattern really drove this one along.
Well done.

Hi Jeff, it’s so nice to see you back on the forum :smiley:.
It was just yesterday, when I thought ‘I haven’t heard anything from Jeff in a while. I hope, he’s well.’ And tadaa… now you’re back. And you’re back with a really enjoyable performance :clap::+1::grinning:.
Congratulations on this :bouquet:!!

1 Like

Nice work Jeff, good to hear from you again :+1:

Hi everyone,

I took a friend’s advice and stopped thinking too much. Instead I just let my hands and emotions do the playing and enjoyed the outcome. I struggled to play this one for a long while and I am glad it turned out decent. Thanks everyone for the review and kind words.

Jeff

1 Like

Sum41 really brings me back, you have a knack for choosing songs/bands that bring me back to my teenage years Jeff. Great playing!

Your best one to date Jeff. Strumming and changes were really good and your low vocals sounded great. Glad to see you back at it.

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for listening and I’m glad it brought back good memories of your youth.

Jeff

1 Like

Thanks very much. I was surprised to hear you say that. I struggled with this one for a while. I hope all is well with you.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, well done on your finger strumming, it sounds smooth and nice, the Rhythm also is smooth and consistent. I don’t know the song but I’m enjoying it and thinking you’re singing it well…it sounds good…bravo!

1 Like

Thanks Silvia! On to more music :sunglasses:

Hi everyone,

Here is my first go at Home Sweet Home by Motley Crue. A bit of fun for a Friday that needs some work.

Jeff

3 Likes

Good smooth strumming, Jeff. Keep working at it too smooth out the barre chord changes where you have those slight hesitations.

From a recording perspective, I suggest trying to get the mic up closer to your mouth with the gain turned down a little to reduce some of the obvious pick noise and get a stronger vocal in the mix.

You’ll notice I merged this in with the With Me recording. We are still working as per the guideline to have a single topic in a calendar month. You should be able to edit your OP with the link to a reply in the Topic with the second song.

Nice work

Smooth and relaxed strumming here …this is one of those aspects many, me included, struggle to achieve… .but then when it happens it really teaches us a lot not only about music but also about ourselves. Great job Jeff, keep on rocking :raised_hands:

Thanks very much Silvia.

1 Like

Thanks a lot