SDKissFan - May 2023 - Dear Agony - Breaking Benjamin plus Shadow Of The Day - Linkin Park plus Living On The Edge - Aerosmith

Hi Gordon:

Thanks for listening and sharing feedback. I’m sure you did give feedback about shorter strumming in the past. I think it is just now clicking for me that I need to use my wrist and close my hand to make shorter strums and improve dynamics. I still have a lot of work to do to improve. I’ll get there though. Have a good day.

1 Like

Hi Stefan:

You gave the standing suggestion a long time ago so I was overdue. It is not bad other than I have a hard time with any barre chords while standing. That song as b minor and f# minor which is hard for me. Otherwise we all have to get out of our comfort zone and shake things up. Have a great day and thanks for listening.

Jeff

1 Like

I’m glad you didn’t find it too bad Jeff. Just one tip on the barre chords that works for me is to tilt the neck of your guitar up to about 45 degrees and it really helps. I find barres easier stood up now that I do sitting.

1 Like

My only advice (and that is as a novice) would be… possibly not to strum so hard? I don’t know, something in the chord sound at times feels off a bit. Other than that, well playing.

Thanks for the feedback Aurimas. Keep it coming. I’m a novice too by the way😂just a legend in my own mind. I think it was the F# minor that sounded odd. Its something I need to work on. Have a great day.

I gave this one a try tonight. I still need to work on it, but gave it a go. Comments are welcome.

Jeff

8 Likes

Tricky song to play, good job! I’d turn your guitar down and your vocals up :+1:

Nice job Jeff! :+1:

This is my favorite Aerosmith song. I’ve attempted to learn the intro riff a couple of times, but haven’t gotten much further than that :laughing: I don’t see a lot of people playing it, so I really enjoyed watching your version.

I agree that the vocals were a bit too low, but I could still hear you. Thanks for sharing!

Hi. Thank you both for listening. I agree I need to be a lot louder. My microphone decided not to work yesterday. I’m battling illness the past week or so . I’ll give it a try again when I’m feeling better. That F# and A# was kinda rough for the bridge but can’t leave that out of the song. I need to work on improving the rhythm too as it wasn’t quite even. Oh well I enjoyed it and have been wanting to try that one for a while now. Have a good weekend.

Jeff

1 Like

Great solid rhythm throughout Jeff. Love this sing, off a great album. Condensing it down to a single guitar session is not easy but hey it was recognisable so you are certainly getting there.
Keep working it.

:sunglasses:

Hi Jeff,

Haven’t listened to this in an absolute age - may have been some Uni party way back when. You made me want to revisit. :slight_smile:
I could hear the track in your playing.
Good chord workout.

Digger

Thanks diggey. In the back on my closet somewhere there’s a video tape I recorded this song when it wa new on MTV. I was 17 at the time and renting my first apartment. Many years ago and now decided to give it a try playing this weekend. Thanks for listening.

Jeff

Thanks Toby. I’ll work on it some more. Glad it was somewhat recognizable.

I really enjoyed this one Jeff, a great way to rock it. I liked the string hits as well (is there a technical term for it?)

I hope you’re feeling better.

Thanks Stefan. I’m still working on a better version and standing up playing.this one. Finally feeling a bit better so maybe this weekend I’ll record a new one. Have a great week.

1 Like

Hi everyone. Here’s today’s version standing playing the purple ESP. Hope it sounds better and I enjoyed playing this one a lot😎

Jeff

1 Like

Let me know if this one is any better if you have a chance. Looking for madman approval lol. Hope you’re feeling better. Being sick for weeks sucks

Jeff

This is so much better, Jeff :slightly_smiling_face: Just the whole mood and feeling about it. See, things are working much better if you enjoy yourself :kissing_heart:

Definite improvement Jeff. Strumming is more consistent in timing and dynamics. You could do with raising the vocals in the mix, so they sit higher. You seemed more relaxed on this take. Very difficult to capture the essence of the original as Perry and Whitman are doing a lot of fancy stuff end to end but for a one man show, boy done good !

:sunglasses:

Hi Toby,

Thanks for this listen and feedback. I think a need to get me a real microphone to get my vocals louder, getting better though. I don’t know if you caught in the video I tried to stand so my face was in the middle of the 100 dollar bill on the wall. Thought it would be funny.
Jeff😎

1 Like