SDKissFan - May 2023 - Dear Agony - Breaking Benjamin plus Shadow Of The Day - Linkin Park plus Living On The Edge - Aerosmith

Hi everyone,

I decided to give it one more try here and post a video. After hearing it I knocked I need older vocals, maybe a wireless mic if there’s one out there to buy. My goal today was mainly to play through the sound standing and no more videos sitting playing. I don’t have high hopes but at least I gave it a go. Thanks for listening.

Jeff

This song was in honor of people I knew who passed away unexpectedly this year.

plus

Living On the Edge - Aerosmith

plus

Shadow Of The Day - Linkin Park

8 Likes

Nice even strumming there Jeff. Good on you playing standing up, its something else than sitting down.
Vocal drowns out from the wind??
Could i suggest that you try to be a bit «easier» with your pick? So you can put in a bit more «dynamic» in your strumming. I know that takes a lot of practise, but sounds great when you get the feel for it, so the strums sounds a little bit different from each other instead of the same sound/sound level on every strum. If that made any sense?

Keep up the good work Jeff!

1 Like

Thanks man. I haven’t heard from you in a long while. I’m glad you’re still around. You nailed it and that’s what I’ve been working on. Improving dynamics though it didn’t show in this song. I should’ve given it more time to develop good dynamics before posting. I think I got irritated because someone came next to me and started blasting their stereo when I was trying to record. Thanks again and take care.

Jeff

1 Like

You will sort this out Jeff… just keep at it :+1: youre improving everytime i see you…

Yeah. Im still around, there is so much activity that i find it hard to keep up :grin:
Did an avoyp some days ago, but i dont put out to much these days though…

1 Like

Very well done Jeff. Powerful lyric in that song!.

A wireless mic would for sure have benefitted you. Still I think it’s really cool and also you made it outside. :+1: :sunglasses: :pray:

1 Like

Well done Jeff. You always find such beautiful locations for your outdoor performances.

I’m sure I’ve said this before in response to one of your previous posts but if you reduce the length of your strumming swing you’ll find it easier to introduce more dynamics to your strumming pattern.

Good on you for performing standing up too. That’s something I want to have a go at.

Not a song or band I know but I’ll look them up.

1 Like

Nicely done Jeff and what a lovely location to be playing at. Also well done on standing and playing, how did you find it?

1 Like

Thanks very much for listening and sharing feedback.

Hi Gordon:

Thanks for listening and sharing feedback. I’m sure you did give feedback about shorter strumming in the past. I think it is just now clicking for me that I need to use my wrist and close my hand to make shorter strums and improve dynamics. I still have a lot of work to do to improve. I’ll get there though. Have a good day.

1 Like

Hi Stefan:

You gave the standing suggestion a long time ago so I was overdue. It is not bad other than I have a hard time with any barre chords while standing. That song as b minor and f# minor which is hard for me. Otherwise we all have to get out of our comfort zone and shake things up. Have a great day and thanks for listening.

Jeff

1 Like

I’m glad you didn’t find it too bad Jeff. Just one tip on the barre chords that works for me is to tilt the neck of your guitar up to about 45 degrees and it really helps. I find barres easier stood up now that I do sitting.

1 Like

My only advice (and that is as a novice) would be… possibly not to strum so hard? I don’t know, something in the chord sound at times feels off a bit. Other than that, well playing.

Thanks for the feedback Aurimas. Keep it coming. I’m a novice too by the way😂just a legend in my own mind. I think it was the F# minor that sounded odd. Its something I need to work on. Have a great day.

I gave this one a try tonight. I still need to work on it, but gave it a go. Comments are welcome.

Jeff

8 Likes

Tricky song to play, good job! I’d turn your guitar down and your vocals up :+1:

Nice job Jeff! :+1:

This is my favorite Aerosmith song. I’ve attempted to learn the intro riff a couple of times, but haven’t gotten much further than that :laughing: I don’t see a lot of people playing it, so I really enjoyed watching your version.

I agree that the vocals were a bit too low, but I could still hear you. Thanks for sharing!

Hi. Thank you both for listening. I agree I need to be a lot louder. My microphone decided not to work yesterday. I’m battling illness the past week or so . I’ll give it a try again when I’m feeling better. That F# and A# was kinda rough for the bridge but can’t leave that out of the song. I need to work on improving the rhythm too as it wasn’t quite even. Oh well I enjoyed it and have been wanting to try that one for a while now. Have a good weekend.

Jeff

1 Like

Great solid rhythm throughout Jeff. Love this sing, off a great album. Condensing it down to a single guitar session is not easy but hey it was recognisable so you are certainly getting there.
Keep working it.

:sunglasses:

Hi Jeff,

Haven’t listened to this in an absolute age - may have been some Uni party way back when. You made me want to revisit. :slight_smile:
I could hear the track in your playing.
Good chord workout.

Digger

Thanks diggey. In the back on my closet somewhere there’s a video tape I recorded this song when it wa new on MTV. I was 17 at the time and renting my first apartment. Many years ago and now decided to give it a try playing this weekend. Thanks for listening.

Jeff