SDKissFan - October 2022 - The Doors, Bon Jovi

Hi Eddie. Thanks for listening. I feel like I haven’t done a song in forever. I appreciate the feedback.

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder about going back to basics and doing 1 minute changes. I did a few attempts at playing and standing with this one and wasn’t quite there yet. I have played while standing for other songs, like Fallen Angel I can do rather easy because the chords are no brainers. (This was based on your suggestion).

Hi Silvia,

Thanks for listening and I am glad to see the song helped with the household chores. I wasn’t sure if anyone would recognize this song as it was not as popular as other Bon Jovi music. I hope all is well with your progress.

1 Like

Hi there,

I am glad you enjoyed the song. I played this song on that 12 string as well. I just decided to go with the electric guitar version because it sounded a little cleaner. It is a Takamine 12 string I bought last summer and barely played until recently. I played a song with my 10 year old daughter on stage with that 12 string last Saturday. I think she has an angelic tone once I got past my fear of trying it. Maybe I will post that video here. I am mainly just playing rhythm guitar for the song Stand By Me in that video.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I know I can do better with that song if I put in the work. I am finally done with my private lessons for now, all music theory and scales and learning to improvise. I have the option to restart in January so it gives me something to consider.

Believe it or not I found Justin’s lessons to be much better than the private ones I took. I took a private lesson for 30 minutes, then after I observed my 10 year old’s intro lessons for an hour every Saturday. I was surprised he said nothing about: 1 minute changes, timing, pick choice, tapping your foot, etc. to the beginner class level 1. (I observed while my daughter was learning. ) I did learn a lot about the big picture of music though and I was treated like an expert, which I am not lol.

Good to hear from you again, Jeff. Keep working the songs. Seemed pretty steady on the strumming, just a few chord shapes and changes to keep practicing on this one. Liked the single finger A chord with thumb muting the low E.

Good to see you back Jeff. You have a nice developer here. You’ve got the fundamental down and aware if what needs polishing, so just keep working it. Good to see you back on the horse !

:sunglasses: