Second Time Around - hello from Larry

Hello Larry, this ist an amazing journey, thanks for sharing! It’s almost a story for a movie, with happy end and all… :smile:
Welcome to you and Daniel!

Franz

2 Likes

Awesome dude, have fun. And welcome :+1:

1 Like

Hi Larry,
sounds great, enjoy the journey, I’m in a similar situation, 70 and have just been a 3 chord strummer. I’m now retired, it’s a great hobby and fun journey learning the guitar. Have fun, all the best, Mike

2 Likes

Thank you all for the encouragement. I’ve been at it for a few weeks now, and still working through the finger pain. Don’t remember that being an issue 60 years ago. Ha!
Able to play the 2-3 chord songs, sometimes at a slightly reduced speed. Can’t wait to get to the next steps. Larry

1 Like

Hello Larry, welcome and good luck. I’m 63 and just started so age is just a number my friend!

1 Like

Welcome and good luck. You might be aiming at some of the basics but the experience you have goes way beyond any other ‘beginner’ and will stand you in great stead. You’ll progress quickly I suspect!

1 Like

Welcome into this great community ! I am 67 years old and I decided to put again my hands on the guitar. Struggling sometimes but a lot of pleasure ! I wish you a lot of fun, and, from my little experience, Justin is the best teacher in guitar for any level. Warm greetings ! (Sorry for my strange english sometimes :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Larry, welcome to the community. I know you will have a lot of fun learning to play on this vintage guitar.

Your mention of Carvin guitars took me back to the mid 1980s when I got on their mailing list and every month I got a catalog that gave me a case of GAS (guitar acquisition syndrome). At the time, I was young, recently married, in debt and no money. I looked online and saw that Carvin has been rebranded as Kiesel guitars and they still have a lot of the same guitars - carved tops with exotic finishes that say buy me.

Enjoy your vintage 1959 Carvin guitar. Don’t forget to replace the strings :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Larry and welcome! What a cool story! Made me smile :grin:
Best of luck, wish you all the best on your journey.
And PLEASE put out a video were you play your old guitar :pray:

1 Like

Hello Larry.
Holy cow what a story. How is the 1959 Carvin these days? Still playable?

Welcome to JustinGuitar and the Community. I’m arriving late to the hello and welcome party.
There are many good folk here who will happily offer help and encouragement to those coming up behind them on Justin’s Beginner Courses. They embody and carry the pay-it-forward ethos we have nurtured for many years in our community. There are many old hands too who have years and (hopefully) a bit of wisdom they can bring as they give their support to those hitting the road blocks - which we all do.
Just ask if you need anything else.
Cheers :slight_smile:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Community Moderator.

1 Like