"Secret Garden" guitar cover by Mike Sebastian P

Hello everyone, and happy holidays!
A couple of years ago, I heard a melody unknown to me performed by a street musician, which made a great impression on me. I thanked him for his excellent skill and asked what exactly he was playing. It turned out to be the Irish-Norwegian duet “Secret Garden” with an instrumental composition of the same name.
The original sounds like a violin and a piano…I don’t have either of those :slight_smile: and unfortunately this music was not suitable for an electric guitar. Not long ago I bought myself a classical guitar with nylon strings, and this instrument, in my opinion, was able to most accurately reflect the mood of this song.
Last night I finally decided to try recording this and now I want to share with you my guitar cover of this song.
I hope you like it.

12 Likes

Hey Mike! Happy holidays to you too, it’s so good to hear from you :hugs:
That’s a beautiful piece of music, I have heard the original version and think you’ve made an excellent job of it! Very nice indeed :star_struck:
I like your use of FX as well, Im thinking maybe some chorus and maybe a touch of reverb?

1 Like

Good to hear from you Mike. It’s been a while, hope you’ve been keeping well.

Song sounds lovely, fine playing, lovely tone, and well produced. Top drawer as always.

1 Like

Hi Mike,
This is a very beautifully played song. It sounds wonderful and is well done all around. Congrats on your foray into a classical guitar! I hope you can do more along this style!

All the best,
LB

1 Like

I have not heard the original, but really enjoyed your playing and interpretation.

1 Like

Hi Darrell! I’m glad to see you too, thank you very much for your feedback, for coming in and listening. Perhaps I could experiment with effects and settings some more, but that’s probably for next time. This was the very first recording on the new guitar.

1 Like

Hi Mike,

that was just a trea, I thoroughly enjoyed the listen! Very well done. :clap: To my ears, the tone/effects reflected the mood of this piece. Even though I’m not familiar with it you made me like it by the first listen. Thanks for sharing this one! :smiley:

1 Like

Happy New Year Mike.

I saw this on YouTube so just had to listen. The song title gave no clues but as soon as you started playing the piece I remembered hearing it long long ago but I know not when or where. Suffice to say it sounded authentic when played on the guitar and you really did a fantastic job. A long way away form your usual offerings but lovely to listen to.

All the best for 24, take care.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Mike,
That’s a different cookie, we say here :grin:…but absolutely fantastic…a really wonderful song,
:sunglasses: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hello David! Glad to hear from you, thank you for your feedback, I’m very glad that you liked it!

1 Like

Hello LBro! Thank you for the good feedback and wishes, I will try to develop this direction in classical guitar!

Thank you, I’m glad you liked it!

Hi Mike. Bringing in the new year with a great piece. I don’t know the original but your recording has a great, ethereal sound. Reminds me to dig out my John WIlliams “Changes” album.

1 Like

So lovely, Mike! I had to look up the original too. Both so beautiful. Loving this easy listening tune.

1 Like

Thank you so much Lisa for such good feedback, I’m so glad you liked it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Toby! Thanks for stopping by and listening. Yes, it’s really not quite the same, …or rather, it’s not at all the same as how I usually play the guitar, but sometimes I want to take a “step to the side”
Moreover, I have always liked the classical guitar. So now I rarely open the case with my electric guitars :slight_smile:
Best wishes!

1 Like

Hi Mike, Happy New Year and welcome back :smiley:
This is the same Mike isn’t it? Leo’s axe-wielding, fire-breathing, fellow rider of the apocalypse?
Have you been on the road to Damascus, my friend? Some kind of transcendental experience?
Just kidding, as usual :laughing:
Lovely playing of a beautiful melody. Although I didn’t recognise it, it sounded familiar.
Conjured up images of 1970’s soft-focus love scenes in the movies.
Keep on rockin’ playing :wink:

1 Like

Hummmm, Mike!
I did not know I knew how to write in Russian! Maybe my wife is posting for me?
:smile:
LB

Hi Mike!
Great job.
It sounds very beautiful and unexpected.
Classical guitar suits you, too.
Leo

Hi Roger! Thank you very much for the good review!