Sept 24: Run To You (Bryan Adams); Kiss From A Rose (Seal)

This ones a bit of a workout for the OMC’s. Again I’m playing all the guitar parts:

The YouTube algorithm presented me with a guitar version of this song so I thought I’d have a go. I’m playing everything apart from the drums. If you can bear to stay with it, there is a guitar solo at the end: I think it was Steve Cropper who said if you can’t think of anything you could always try the melody.

8 Likes

Top notch production Rory, well done on the whole arrangement. Especially enjoyed the tone you had going during the last solo. Excellent job.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. The tone on the solo was helped by my Boss Blues Driver and Digital Delay pedals. Cheers

1 Like

Very well produced Peter. It sounded great.

1 Like

I like all the voices in this recording Peter, most of all your human voice which suits this song well. Nice work.

1 Like

Great sound there, epic production​:+1::+1:

1 Like

Great stuff Peter. What a difficult song to sing and you did a good job. Super production all round.
Well done.

1 Like

:clap: :clap: Well done! I can tell a lot of work went into that!

That is not an easy song to sing and you did a great job! I also really enjoyed the solo at the end.

Thanks Jenn and all, @Jenndye429, @batwoman, @sairfingers, @GorBLIMey, @Eccleshall I did drop it down a few steps from where Seal sung it - that was too high for me.

1 Like

I heard this playing in the local mini-market and came home and did it. Not the first time that’s happened. Again I’ve dropped it down a couple of half-steps from the original. Run to You by Bryan Adams:

2 Likes

Peter

Very neat version of a good song. Enjoyed the blend of acoustic and electric.

Brian

That was cool Peter. I saw Bryan Adams years ago when this was a hit. Bringing back some cool memories for me.

Thanks Brian @beejay56 and Eddie @Eddie_09. I saw Bryan Adams doing an unplugged version on YouTube so tried that. Then the battery on my electro-acoustic went. But it really is a Strat song so I did both…

1 Like