She's Electric - Oasis (Cover)

You did fantastic with this song. I saw Oasis in concert in maybe 1995 in Germany. I would definitely be a fan of your you tube video. You sound polished and experienced. This is a reminder I need to work on my bar chords and this seems like a good song to practice with. Keep up the good work.

Jeff

1 Like

@LizW Thanks Liz!

@TheMadman_tobyjenner haha the trick is to sing loud, that way no one notices the bodyhits to the guitar :rofl:

@SgtColon Cheers Stefan, if you can get relaxed when playin some good stuff can come out, even if it’s far from perfect.

@SDKissFan Thanks Jeff, and I’m so jealous, I’ve seen both brothers separately. 95 must’ve been their peak.
It is a great song to practice, super fun like I said. If you asked me a couple of months ago if I could’ve played it while singing it comfortably I wouldn’t believe you, so practice and try to relax when playing is my main advice.
And these type of videos are really useful to see your own progress.

It was Oasis, REM and the cranberries. A great show and in Germany it was near a lake with not much security. You don’t find shoes like that in the USA.

1 Like

That was terrific Kevin. Super strumming that really caught the Oasis vibe and a really good vocal too. Well done!

1 Like

That was excellent Kevin. Well done.

1 Like

typo there. should say don’t find “shows”. Half the time I can’t see what I am typing on a small cell phone screen lol

1 Like

Wow that was really nice! Guitar and voice sounding great!

1 Like

@sairfingers @Socio @JUSTME612 thanks guys, I’m glad you enjoyed it. I hope you don’t get tired of Oasis covers cause there’ll be more on the way :rofl:

1 Like

Hey Kevin, no chance of me getting tired of Oasis covers. I was a big fan of them growing up. I was lucky enough to see them play a few times in the UK and once in NYC. Married With Children would be a good one to cover. Nice barre chord progression and would really suit your voice.

1 Like

Very, very well done Kevin. Pretty smooth and the singing was great.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

@Socio I’m so jealous, I was born in 92 so when I really got into the band the’d already stopped working together. I’ll give that a try, another one that’s kinda nonsensical but still cool :sweat_smile:

@sclay cheers Shane, appreciate it!

I was just in high school when they released definitely maybe. I must have collected most of the albums and singles over the years. Bought a few of their guitar tablature books to go along with the albums in the anticipation that one day I might be able to learn to play a few of their songs. You’ve inspired me to learn one with all your Oasis Covers. I’ll probably start with something simple like Talk Tonight and get some more practice in with those Stuck 3&4 chords.

1 Like

Just picked this up as my next project from my ip guitar teacher. It’s great to be able to watch and listen a version all the way through.
Thanks for posting.

1 Like

Wow Kevin, I missed this back when you posted it, terrific performance. I was at uni during britpop so Oasis is right up my street. I have a few oasis songs in my repertoire but I’ve not considered She’s Electric yet, it’s on the list now.

Thank you for the inspiration!!

1 Like

Wow, surprised to see this pop up!
@Alantbt thanks Alan, I’m glad it can be useful to you, this song for me took a lot to “power through”, but I think it’s worth it, the mix of barre and open chords makes a great practice.

@Notter thank you Mark, must’ve been great being at uni during that time, and before the internet/social media overtake, but I’m rambling now :sweat_smile:
I never noticed that song so much but as time goes by i started liking it more and more. And the lyrics are very simple, which makes it more charming for me.

Cheers!

@KevinKevan That period was an experience that’s for sure, but then we’re all a product of our own times with equivalent good experiences! Having no internet was most definitely a benefit imo, the lack of digital records of some (most!) of our antics I’ll be forever grateful for :wink:

I had the joy of seeing Oasis at one of the Knebworth gigs they did in 1996, pretty special…

1 Like

Amazing cover! Well done
Love this tune.