Short Original Instrumental Song

Hi All,

I am about to start the intermediate course after having completed the beginner modules about 6 months ago. I’ve been consolidating and mostly learning songs. I got a little obsessed with one chord I stumbled upon the other day, and decided to create a short little instrumental interlude – not quite a full on song. I have been trying to do a little improvising and lead work lately, and this is the first time I’ve tried to create an original piece. Let me know what you think.

https://www.bandlab.com/revisions/3d431639-bf70-ec11-94f6-a04a5e79a6b8?sharedKey=UKMpVt5Kf02pCac63tlFBA

5 Likes

Sounds cool, reminds me a bit of the main riff at the start of I’ll be there for you by Bon Jovi :slight_smile: well done!

Thanks! Never heard that song before, just checked it out and know what you mean. Slightly dissonant sounding chords.

It’s good to see you branching out into lead, improv and writing your own music Mike.

That sounded pretty cool, Mike. I enjoyed the progression, your lead play, and overall quality of the recording. Look forward to more recordings, either originals or covers.

I understand why you got hooked on the chord(s). Those droning open string chords are quite special. Good job on creating something original with your inspiration. :slight_smile:

That was terrific Mike. Great playing and multitrack production. I’m always impressed when someone puts an original together.

Enjoyed that, Mike. What were those chords? - very interesting.

Very cool. Congratulations on your first original piece of music, that’s a big step! I’d love to hear more if you build on it.

Well done Mike that was refreshing. Liked the arrangement and those high strings droning makes it a little hypnotic. Good work and good production too. :sunglasses: