Signed, Sealed, Delivered (Playthrough)

Playing along to Stevie Wonder’s Signed, Sealed, Delivered. Just heard about this tune last week and loved it:

Any feedback is appreciated.

12 Likes

I really enjoyed this! You had a really nice groove going on. I was tapping my foot along with it.

1 Like

Sounds great :exclamation: Good rhythm. Good left hand changes. Love it :exclamation:

1 Like

Nice job

1 Like

Great classic there Serhat, some tricky changes here and there and unusual shapes, I would expect keyboard from Stevie and not a guitar :laughing: but you played it well, one thing that sort of played your enemy and made it more difficult to hide muted strings was playing low volume and with guitar close to your device’s mic which picked up a lot if string noise. I guess in the future would be better to go directly over to interface and then either via OBS or to DAW and lay over sound with phone video recording. But anyway played really well!

1 Like

Thanks, @Jenndye429!

@BigLuc thank you!

@Blobbyblob Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks Adrian! I like how you say “muted strings” as if I could properly mute them :sweat_smile: Noted about the setup, the sound indeed goes through the interface as well but is hard to hear due to direct noise. Unfortunately, I have a tiny room, will have a think about what I can improve there.

Hang on you are plugged in then? Guitar directly to interface or mic’ed up? If it’s directly then your pc mic is bleeding and picks up strings noise. If it’s via mic then I suggest going directly to AI and there you can do it two ways:

1. To OBS use ASIO device to pick up guitar and Desktop audio for backing track
  2. To DAW, record there with BT, then in video editor you can swap your video’s audio with one from DAW.

You should then get rid of guitar bleeding into your audio. Hope this makes sense but if not give me a shout

Sounds great, fantastic chord work up and down the neck and some really good strumming :clap: :v:

1 Like

@adi_mrok Let me describe you my setup:

Guitar into multi-fx pedal, into audio interface, into computer, out to audio interface, out from active monitors - prepare to pull your hair out - into my phone’s mic :slight_smile: That was just the easiest way to play along to spotify and record quickly before going to bed, otherwise I’d use a daw to record.

1 Like

Thank you Lee!

Ah I see, that’s why guitar was bleeding then makes sense :smile: anyway OBS and desktop audio with laptop’s webcam are quite a quick set up too one you get the gist of it :wink:

1 Like

Can OBS capture Spotify and and audio interface and record them in a video sound? I never could quite get it to work…

Yes it should, in OBS you should have two separate sources of sound at the same time - for interface its ASIO Input capture and for your Spotify you switch it on on your desktop and you use Desktop Audio capture as a second source. That’s how I recorded Need Your Love So Bad solo challenge and I played BT over youtube.

1 Like

Very nice Serhat. That walkdown riff was the highlight for me, that sounded great!

1 Like

great strumming and all those chord changes!
Just need to have a bash at adding the vocal now. A doddle :sweat_smile:
Cheers
Ruaridh

1 Like

Great song, well played. I liked it.

1 Like

Digging your groove Serhat, that looked like some difficult stuff going on there, which you nailed. Serhat Wonder maybe.

1 Like

Great groove Serhat. I agree with @adi_mrok I would have loved to hear the “amped” noise as the string noise was overpowering! But the playing was great.

1 Like

@Jeff @Eccleshall @TonyHS @SgtColon @jkahn Thanks for all the kind comments! You’ve encouraged me to post more of these.

3 Likes