Signs - Five Man Electrical Band

So with the primary elections going on here in the US, the political signs are once again littering our landscape which prompted me to learn Signs by Five Man Electrical Band. Anyway, here’s a go at it. I still need work on the Bm but it’s a lot better than when I first tried to learn this song.

9 Likes

Very nicely done Joe. Great strumming and nice, smooth chord changes, even that Bm was okay to me. Vocals sounded good also.

1 Like

Hi Joe,
That was a nice fast song,… nicely played :sunglasses:, I only heard 1 doubt in the background (eat is also necessary in the morning) and overall it sounded very smooth,
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Nice Joe, enjoyable to listen to! You’re doing really well, keep it up! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Nicely done, Joe. Loved the strumming on this, some fast chord changes, and dynamics. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Really nice, Joe, got a great beat, dynamics and change ups in the strumming, and you seem very comfortable. Great song choice too.

1 Like

Thanks David & Mari. I first tried to learn this during the 2020 election cycle so I’ve had some time to work on it. :wink: I seem to pick it up and put it down quite a bit.

2 Likes

Love this song. Grew up with Tesla’s rendition of this song blasting on my CD player skipping on every bump. Well done!!

1 Like

Thanks. Yeah, my rendition being acoustic is more in line with Tesla’s version, minus the radio edits :wink:

Good effort. Strumming/dynamics and chord changes sounded good to me.

1 Like

Thanks Trevor.

Great dynamics in both your playing and vocal Joe. Well done. I enjoyed your version of the song although it’s not one I know.

1 Like

Very well done! that song’s been on my list to learn for ages

1 Like

Thanks Gordon & Tony.

@tony I initially tried to learn off a YouTube video lesson but finally downloaded the tabs which made it easier to learn.

1 Like

I agree with SgtColon. You had a nice even strumming pattern and good timing there. I have the same issue with B minor, so many songs I play have it so I have to overcome the challenge. Keep working at it, but overall I think this version of the song was very impressive. Thanks for sharing!

Jeff from California

1 Like

Thanks Jeff. Yeah, it seems like a lot of songs that have caught my fancy lately have a Bm in them.

If you would be happy to share the tabs vi personal message or email let me know. I spent a bit of time after looking at your performance watching youtube videos and any help is appreciated.

@frito Thanks again for your help with this song, I’ve got it all working now including the interlude you mentioned. I’m working on getting my version up on youtube in the coming weeks or so. Will share here when I have it ready.

1 Like

Fantastic. It was fun chatting with you. I’m looking forward to checking out the video once you post it.

Oh, and now that we’re only a month and a half from the general elections, the signs are really blocking out the scenery and breaking my mind. I now need to make this part a a daily repertoire. :wink: :rofl:

1 Like