Silent guitar?

What do you think of the Silent guitar? Are they any good? I am going to be traveling for work soon and staying hotels so this appeals to me.

2 Likes

I’ve got a silent guitar, the steel string model, and I’m quite the fan of them. The nut width is narrower than most of my other acoustic guitars which isn’t a big deal for me. Where we lived previously was a 2 story house so when I would get up much earlier in the morning and play normal acoustic guitar my wife couldn’t hear me.

We moved to a smaller single story house and that as no longer an option. Enter the silent guitar which solved that problem very well. One minor thing I noticed about it was slightly less enjoyment for me as compared to playing normal acoustic and it took me a while to figure out what that was. The lack of guitar body vibration.

1 Like

Mark was this not posted under :guitar: Guitars, Instruments & Maintenance - JustinGuitar Community already. Please be patient in waiting for a response rather than duplicating questions.

BTW I have no experience in this area so cannot comment. But in time I sure someone will as it has been covered in other threads.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

I would suggest the mods close the thread so there is only one, the one linked above.

Toby You know the routine @Richard_close2u @DavidP @LievenDV

Thx should have done it earlier but too many plates in the air right now. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

@stitch @TheMadman_tobyjenner
Took care of this

@MarkRiches
mark, for future reference, please only post a Topic in a single Category.

1 Like

A few months ago, I went to buy an acoustic guitar and came back with a Yamaha silent guitar, acoustic metal strings style. Love it. Very enthousiastic. Can practice whenever I want. Can plug headphones in. Can plug the iPhone / iPad in so I can ear me play AND ear the song (Justins app songs) I’m playing with. Can plug it in the Princeton amp or in the cumputer. I think it would sound better on a acoustic guitar amp. Very easily transportable. Good construction. Stable pitch. Very happy I bought it. Still in love like in the first day :sunglasses: Good day!

3 Likes