Singing "Don't Know Why" - Would love some feedback!

Hello friends!

I’m looking for some honest feedback on my singing :slight_smile:

I’m also curious what you folks think about my tone/timbre? or if there is anything that I should particularly work on?

Dont Know Why

Thank you for your time!

Peter

When clicking on the link Soundcloud reports “This track was not found. Maybe it has been removed”. You will need to correct this so we can hear your performance.

Hope you get it sorted.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks for letter me know! I think I just fixed it, could you please try again?

Peter, yes the link works now.

You most likely did much better than you think. Every time when I thought the next tone will go wrong you did just fine.

In general I guess, besides hitting the correct notes, it depends on how you want to sing this, what kind of feeling you want to get across. In my ears your voice sounded very relaxed and intimate, the sometimes somewhat raspy tone added to this. The associations I got were… Cold winter day night, fire crackling in the fire place, a good glass of red wine…

I think Chris Liepe’s Discover your voice course or in person lessons might be good places to start of you want to improve your singing? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Peter,
This sounds relaxed and some nice chords.
I was struggling to hear the guitar in the mix, though, it could do with being a deal louder
On your way to a good version I reckon
Cheers
Ruaridh

1 Like

Peter

I enjoyed your version. I agree with Ruaridh the guitar is a bit quiet in the mix so we’re missing the best of your playing and your vocal seems quite isolated and unsupported. You are very close to making a really good cover of a great song.

Brian

1 Like

Hmm… I had the impression that you didn’t play yourself, Peter, but that you wanted feedback on your singing exclusively? That would explain why the guitar is so silent.

Please correct me if I’m wrong :grinning:

Hi Peter, this is your second post questioning the timbre/sound of your voice.
The last time folk gave you a lot of reassurance that it sounded fine. Are you unhappy with it? :thinking:
This is primarily a guitar site, and although many of us sing along to the music we play, ranging from awful to superb, it really doesn’t matter (even if we all do want it to sound nice/not bad :laughing:)
I’m curious as to how you’re getting on with your guitar.
Is that you playing? If so, sweet (but could be louder in the mix)
If not, why not share some of your playing too? :smiley:
Cheers

1 Like

Hi Peter,

your voice sounds nice and fine, but yet also a little bit shy, still. :slight_smile: You have a pleasant timbre for sure. To my ears, it’s just as if you need a little more opening up or ease up in your head while singing, if you know what I mean. It feels as if you were holding back or feeling doubts while singing, yet my “shy”-comment. You don’t need to be, you sound good. Singing is, as guitar playing, a skill that requires training and practice. So sing out whenever you want from the bottom of your heart and don’t let these “what would people think if the hear me now” take you off. :smiley:

You have a solid vocal base to build on. You could do as Nicole @JokuMuu suggests and check out Chris Liepe’s course. A lot of us here, myself included, took/take it and it’s great fun and really useful, especially to get rid of the things blocking us to sing freely.

Also, I’d echo what others said: Even though you requested feedback for your singing explicitly, we are mainly are guitar learning community. So bringing up the guitar in the mix would be lovely, as it also sets a much better surrounding for your voice. Guitar sounded sweet and together with your singing in a well balanced mix, this would be a lovely rendition. :slight_smile:

All the best on your musical journey! Glad you share some of it with us. :slight_smile:

Cheers - Lisa

Wow thank you so much for your feedback. that was very encouraging :slight_smile: I’ve never had someone describe my recording that way :slight_smile:

Thank you Ruardih, I appreciate it!

Yes youre correct, I was mainly requesting feedback for my voice :slight_smile:

Thank you Brian, I’ll work on my breath support!

Hi Brian,

Thank you for listening! I was asking about Tone again because I was trying something a bit different (I was going for a more Breathy sound and wasn’t sure how that sounded).

I plan to sing + play guitar at the same time in the near future but atm I was just focusing on singing for now :slight_smile:

Thank you for feedback Lisa, I’ll checkout Chris’s course :slight_smile:

1 Like