Slide of a Thin Man

Channeling my inner goat in open G tuning here. Slide guitar is very new thing for me, but I really want to dig more into it. Here is an attempt with my favorite track by His Royal Bob-ness. I had fin with it dispute screwing up the words in the sword swallower verse :grin:.

10 Likes

I liked that a lot. Really confident singing. The slide with open tuning is really effective to accompany this. Cool version!

1 Like

I enjoyed that, keep it up!

1 Like

One of my favourite Dylan songs. Tanks for posting. I imagine its really difficult to play and sing that at the same time.

1 Like

Thanks - getting the rythm and timing in the singing is really not easy with Dylan

1 Like

Great effort, enjoyed it, Jesper.

For future maybe mix the backing a little soft relative to your guitar.

That was sweet

1 Like

Thanks for the advise. I just recorded it on my phone with the backing track playing through a Bluetooth speaker on my desk. I think maybe the phone was quite close to the Bluetooth speaker. I will experiment with different placement and balance next time. Perhaps one day buy a proper mic and mix it in garage band…