Smells Like Teen Spirit

Hi All,

Had to do it at some point, so we took inspiration from the cover used at the start of the Black Widow film and threw in some more grungy guitar.
Katja does the best 2 bits - vocal and piano. (Rocking piano solo!)
I did the other bits.
Totally classic tune - hope we did it some justice.

Happy Hallowe’en.
Digger & Katja

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit [Cover by The Comfortably Strange] - YouTube

15 Likes

Hey guys,

Very beautiful. I totally can hear this in my mind as being part of a movie score, trailer etc.

Thanks for sharing!

RIGHT ON!

Real sweet rendition ya two have there.
Very Well Done. Outstanding even…

I really enjoyed listening to that.

More please. :wink:

Hi Digger and Katja,

this is great stuff!! :clap: :clap:

So very mellow and dark mood, slowing it down really added to it. Great playing from the two of you, very grungy guitar sounds. :+1: Vocals top notch. The two of you never fail to deliver an outstanding production. So very well done, I think I prefer your rendition over the Original. :smiley:

Thanks for this most enjoyable listen! :smiley:

Wow that was an amazing interpretation of this classic - wow! Vocals were simply incredible, so very different from KC but really absolutely brilliant. You more than did this song justice.

Bravo, Digger and Katja, fabulous intrepretation, superb production … performances, arrangement, mix. Another entry on that ‘covers better than original’ list.

boom
raised_hands
sunglasses

Greetings,Rogier

Simply E.X.C.E.L.L.E.N.T. Well done both of you.

Wow, you did a wonderful job on this. :clap: :clap:

A good song is a good song.
But you guys gave this the special treatment :grinning:
I had my glasses broken, whilst being thrown out of a Manchester night club for ‘dancing too energetically’ to the original back in the day.
I wish this had been around then instead :rofl:

Wow Stephen & Katja, that’s an amazing cover :heart_eyes:
Dare I say I like it better than the original! Love the slower tempo, clear and eerie vocals, piano and grungy rhythm guitar :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Amazing version Stephen!! Congrats to you both for a superb production. Evernescence vibes to your version with more a bit more subtlety, bravo!

That was really well executed. Piano and vox almost like Amy Lee and her Evanescence and chorus guitar reminded me of Zombie and Cranberries. Really interesting take on an old time classic, rock on!

1 Like

Loved it! Beautifully done, Digger & Katja! :clap: :clap: :clap: :smiley:
Dark, moody and envelopes you in its shadow, very cool! Outstanding production and performance once again! :sunglasses: :+1:

That was very cool Stephen and Katja. I loved your take on the song. Yes, the piano sounded good but so did the guitar. Nice production too.

This was exceptional. I went to check out the Black Widow version that inspired you guys - I reckon you guys nailed the vibe, but did it better. Not kidding.

Oh my god, this has slipped past me… what an insanely cool version on this classic. i am blown away!!
You guys did it more than justice, this was the coolest version of this song i have ever heard.

Just checking my ears Digger. Yep, that was a dark twist on this one. Very nice mix, so full and fills the stereo field well. Nic keys work, guitars and vox!

Keep em coming!
LB

Hi All,

Sorry for the late response, been a bit of stuff going on.
Thanks for the kind words and glad you like our version. The original is one of those special songs - even for those who might not particularly like the genre like Mrs D.

Brian - I remember similar times in Winchester when it came out. Uni parties were a bit rowdy - ripped clothes and such.
I particularly remember someone falling in the middle of A Town Called Malice - can’t recall seeing them again. :slight_smile: (I’m sure they were fine.)
Good times!

Digger

That was superb Digger. I preferred that over the original.