Smoke on the Water

Not quite Johnny Cash, eh?

New guitar and new amp. Pulled out Justin’s rock guitar songbook. Made a few mistakes as I’m a bit rusty on electric, but this sure was fun.

Fender Stratocaster (Player edition)

Fender Bassbreaker 15 watt tube amp

22 Likes

Now you’re rocking, Tosh! Thoroughly enjoyed it. Great tone on the riff.

1 Like

Rockin’ stuff Tosh. Loved the tone. Is that just the amp or do you have an fx pedal too?
Cash meets Deep Purple. Yeah! :metal:

Good to hear you gettin’ down to dirty business, Tosh- although I thought that riff was banned from the forum as well as guitar stores?
Nice tone. Well played. Where there’s smoke there’s fire.
Looks like vocals were added later- was the guitar ‘live’?
Either way, cool :sunglasses:
(Bit of trivia: They recently erected statue in Geneva to Funky Claude, who died 10 years ago :wink:)

1 Like

Nice job Tosh, you nailed it!

1 Like

Very cool! :sunglasses: :metal:t2: :sunflower:

1 Like

Thanks, Gordon! That’s just the amp. It’s a Fender Bassbreaker 15 Watt Tube Amp. Kind of meant to be a bit of a hybrid between the old Fender Bassman amps and the Marshall Bluesbreaker amps (so definitely has the crunch / rock tone covered). I love it for this kind of sound!

1 Like

Thanks Brian! I thought it was stairway to heaven riff that was banned, ala Wayne’s World? HAHA. Although maybe this one is too!

Yeah, the guitar was live. I have a dynamic microphone and wanted to experiment with positioning it right in front of the amp. Since I only have one mic I had to record the vocals separately. Not my favorite way to do it but it was a fun experiment. And also my audio interface is the focusrite solo, so only has one microphone input.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Cool! :sunglasses:
I really enjoyed it :metal:
And your Strat is just beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

:smiley:I loved your interaction with the viewers around 2:31! Fun song to play, I bet. Especially with your new electric and Amp. Well done, Tosh!

Thanks! I really love it too.

1 Like

Thanks Pam. It’s fun to rock out for sure! And a really fun song to play.

Great :exclamation: Sounds great :bangbang: Keep on.

1 Like

Looks like you’re breaking in the new Fender Strat nicely Tosh! Love the gritty guitar and amp tones as well as your singing!

1 Like

Great Tone, Tosh!!! Love that Strat, it looks good on you!!!

Tod

Great stuff Tosh! You went for the falsetto bits too - nice! Tone was perfect as well.

1 Like

I actually thought the falsetto pieces came out a little weird, so thanks for commenting. haha

Great job Tosh, I agree with the comments above, the tone was excellent.

Nice work Tosh the new guitar and amp sound great. I didn’t even know you played electric. :smiley:

Ahhhh, I wondered why that was. I thought it was some real high latency or something.

Ha, that was awesome, Tosh! :love_you_gesture:

1 Like