Snow is better than cold

So how much snow did you get @SandyMusic ? We got about 8ā€, with 5 cm more expected today. Cumulatively I donā€™t know how much weā€™ve had this year, the snowbanks distort that a bit. Itā€™s up to minus 6 C though, canā€™t complain about that.

Our backyard:

3 Likes

Hi Mariā€¦ so far this year in Montreal weā€™ve had less snow, but itā€™s been horribly cold since after New Year. We had 20 cm Friday to Saturday. Yesterday it was snowing slowly very little windā€¦I went for an hour walk with my sister, and 1 minute after getting back inside, the winds picked up and by the time the open mic started it was a full on blizzard, but weirdly it didnā€™t leave that much snow as I look at my car out the window.

1 Like

Wow that is A LOT of snow, Mylo must have had fun!

1 Like

Sometimes the wind can give the illusion if more snow though by blowing it all around again!!!

1 Like

I prefer snow also, but with climate change and being 1600KM more south than you Mari (correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but you are in Thunder Bay?) weā€™ve had a lot of whiplash weather this yearā€¦ I mean -33C windshill early morning to +3C by late afternoon, and full on rain the next day, then -28C overnight. Itā€™s been crazy.

1 Like

Yes thatā€™s for sure, Krista was cursing Mylo out (lovingly though lol) earlier for leaping to the top of the snowbanks and cascading more snow down for her to shovel!!

1 Like

Youā€™re right. Thatā€™s what happened. But it was nice to see. I missed the huge storms we used to get as kids down in the Gaspe Peninsula where I grew up till a teenager.

1 Like

It seems even colorado is having ā€œwhiplashā€ weather. Over 60 F yesterday and today. 8ā€ snow last Wednesday and single digit (F) coming up. T-shirt to snow pants in a matter of hours!

That is like (C) +15 to -15

2 Likes

Yep, Thunder Bay. I didnā€™t realize it got so cold in Montreal, apart from the occasional ā€˜flukeā€™ like in TO. Iā€™ve been to Montreal a few times as an adult but only in the fall (which is gorgeous of course, I had a view of Mont-Royal out my hotel room). Iā€™ve had enough of the cold weather for this year, snow is an improvement!

1 Like

That is definitely a big change!!

Itā€™s crazyā€¦ the last few winters itā€™s been getting worse.

1 Like

Toronto is more south and they usually have a warmer winter than us. They take out the army for a snowstorm (LOL- that happened a long time ago). We seem to be getting less snow every yearā€¦ and February is usually very cold. Maybe with climate changeā€¦ weā€™ll have balmy weather like California. I can only dream. Summers are getting worseā€¦ days on end at 30C + and high humidity, weeks on end living in air conditionning. I canā€™t stand it.

1 Like

I may actually remember that! When we lived in Victoria for a few years theyā€™d close the entire city down when it got below ~ minus 10. We thought that was pretty funny, didnā€™t realize though that heating systems werenā€™t meant for that kind of weather so weā€™d all have frozen if we had to stay at our offices!!

1 Like