Society (an Eddie Vedder cover)

Inspired by @MapleBrain I had to add this song to my campfire repertoire. The song really got to me. I even rented the movie Into The Wild to hear the song in the soundtrack. I enjoyed the movie quite a lot. I don’t always enjoy society, but I don’t find it quite as burdensome as the protagonist in the movie did!

9 Likes

Sounds great, Mari. All good with extra sweetness of the harmonica and lead. Ever so cool.

1 Like

Oh, I like your version very much. Adds a bit more melancholy to it with the slower bpm strumming, your voice and the extra reverb / delay. Good job, hope you can play it soon at a campfire with a jam buddy!
As @TheMadman_tobyjenner said: good vibes swinging over from the old forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was really cool Mari, impressed how quickly you got it all cooked up. Also harmonica caught me out really positively at rhe start. It was a splendid performance and I think it’s time to give it a go as well :grinning: all the best Mari.

1 Like

Great job, Mari! I enjoyed your version, especially with the harp and lead added in there.

1 Like

@DavidP @MapleBrain @adi_mrok @J.W.C thanks for listening and the comments, guys. Eric, such a great tune, I’m so glad you posted a cover. I’m hoping that we can have some music nights here by the summer! Adrian, I’m sure you can cook it up just as quickly, and you will definitely do justice to the vocals. (I hope to hear some other covers, too.)

Re harmonica / humming - humming seems such a simple skill, and yet I can’t do it!! For the few notes, harmonica was easier for me :smiley:

1 Like

Mari, I fairly recently watched that movie - quite interesting to watch this idealistic young man’s story. Your song was well played & sang. Beautiful lead guitar, harmonica and vocals.

1 Like

Thank you for the comments, Pam. I’ve got no big singing aspirations, as long as I can lead a song around a campfire I’ll be happy. I’m firmly on the side of an opinion @CT has expressed many times, singing is in service of the song.

And it was definitely an interesting movie.

2 Likes

Didn’t know the song Mari but you did a good job. The harmonica fits the mood of the song, which sounds ‘western’ to me. Liked it.

1 Like

Thanks John. I didn’t know it a week ago either, @MapleBrain posted a cover in AVOYP and I just really loved the song, it really impacted me, so I had to play it.

You did more than just serve the song, you nailed it. Really nice cover. I like what you did here all the way around, vocals, harp, and guit. Highly listenable track. Well done!

1 Like

Thanks Clint. I do like your expression though, that mindset gives me a bit more freedom to sing.

1 Like