Socio - September 2022 - The Circle (OCS) plus Don't Look Back In Anger

@RichTrific
Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment, Rich. It’s very much appreciated mate. I’m happy that it has inspired you to give it a try. It’s a very good song to work on the Stuck 3&4 chords taught by Justin. If you decide to give it a go I’m happy to direct message you a copy of the lead sheet that I produce with the lyrics, chords and strumming pattern.

Excellent job on the stuck 3&4 chords, James. It all sounded fluent, clean, rhythmic and a good job on the vocals. Congrats on great progress in the consolidation of Gr2!

1 Like

@DavidP
Thank you for taking the time to listen and comment, David, it means a lot to me. I hope you have been taking good care of yourself. I think when Justin says 3-6 months of consolidation, peoples jaws drop and say “how long” but I’ve actually found this period rather enjoyable and learned a lot from it delving a bit further into what Justin taught in Grade 2.

2 Likes

Really enjoyed your cover of this song, playing sounds really good. Good job on the vocals too, it’s got a killer range.

1 Like

Well done James cracking cover and solid throughout. Nothing to add critique wise, nice clean and steady playing end to end with some nice embellishments. Good vox to boot ! Grand job !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

@Mari63 @TheMadman_tobyjenner
Thank you both very much for the listen and taking the time to provide feedback. It was a fun song to learn especially the walk up linking the chords at the start. I was happy with the overall guitar playing but was a bit unsure of myself when it came to the vocals on this one. I felt more comfortable with the vocals on the cover that I did last week. So I’ll maybe go back to this one as I progress through the Discover Your Voice Course and experiment with it.

3 Likes

Great job! That’s my favourite song from Oasis - one of my kids was born with it playing on the radio in the hospital :rofl: so it has special significance!

1 Like

@twistor59
Thank you very much for the listen and feedback, Phil. That’s one of the wonderful things about music, that we can associate certain songs with our life experiences.

Hi Kevin! Sound great. Both hands, good rhythm, good singing in tune. I like you digging the strings. Your right hand is not afraid to play, to dig. You get the instrument to vibrate. I love it. Keep on strumming :laughing:

1 Like

@BigLuc
Hi Luc, thank you very much for the listen and taking the time to comment. Some great feedback there that I will continue to work on as I develop my strumming as I move onto the second part of Justin’s strumming techniques course.

1 Like

I’m learning the stuck 3&4 chords right now as well and would love to include your version of this great song in my lesson. I can’t seem to find anything online that shows how to play it this way though. Did you just figure it out on your own? I’m still struggling with being able to do that.

1 Like

Now how on earth did I miss this!!? So glad it’s gotten bumped up to catch up on.

It’s an awesome tune, the F to F minor (without capo obvs!) switch just sounds so cool and I loved your version here James, lovely vibe through the whole song and a properly personal take on the vocals, suited an acoustic solo rendition down to a tee.

The Oasis train continues to steam along :+1: :clap:

1 Like

@Terrilynn
Thanks for the listen Terri. There’s a guy on YouTube called georgiarose16 that does a decent lesson on that version of the song. I used that as a starting point and watched / listened to Noel playing that version on YouTube to create a lead sheet with strumming pattern. It’s a great song for working on the Stuck 3&4 chords. I’ve also got a recording on my learning log of a Stuck 3&4 version of Supersonic that I was working on. Happy to share the lead sheet with you if it helps.

@Notter
Thanks for the listen and feedback Mark. I thought this one had disappeared into the forum archives. It’s a great song and relatively simple one to play. A good one to have on the campfire list. There’s no stopping that oasis train. Looking forward to your next Oasis rendition.

It’s in the works James, next OM…… :wink:

1 Like

Thank you so much! You make the chord changes look effortless! This week will be 1 year since I started playing guitar (at 58 years old) … I’m excited to try this out. Thanks again!

1 Like

@Terrilynn

Hi Terri - congratulations on your one year guitar anniversary. For the chord changes its just practice slowly and accurately. There was one tricky chord, the Cmadd9 but that just takes more practice and applying the finger stretching exercise that you have learned. I’ve sent you a DM with the lead sheet that I produced. Enjoy practicing those Stuck 3&4 chords with the song.

Thank you so much!! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That was awesome. :+1: And a good way to show how much you’ve progressed in one year. I really enjoyed it.

1 Like

@JasonBuk
Thanks for taking the time to listen and provide feedback Jason. It’s good to have something to look back at as a reminder of the progress made and to analyse what you’ve done well and what you could do better. I’d highly recommend recording oneself.

@Socio
That’s The first song I try to learn When I got my electric guitar. And oh yes I have a video and it is horrible. Going to start working on that one again I also bought my semihollow specifically for that song and To get the Oasis Sound I wanted. That is my dreamer song.