Something I’ve been noodling with

First time posting a link in this topic so bear with me if I mess something up!

I’ve been going back to this unfinished piece of music for the last 8 months or so, I’ll eventually finish it but in the mean time I thought I’d share the ‘prototype’. Let me know what you think! Don’t hold back on any criticisms!

11 Likes

It’s really good! I don’t even need to hold back with criticism, because there’s nothing I can criticise. Well, except for the video orientation. :laughing:
Can’t wait to hear the whole finished piece.

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate that a lot, since I’m terrible at creating lyrics I find it hard to complete stuff. I’ll still give it a go though! And yes, I agree with my videoing skills, they’re poor :rofl:

I haven’t missed lyrics here, the arrangement is beautiful already and it can easily be an instrumental piece.

1 Like

That’s a good shout! Thanks for the suggestion!

I’ll say the part I like.
I like the clean electric guitar.
Everyone but me, and now you, always have a gob of effects on their amp.
Glad to hear ‘you and your guitar’.

Yep, yer near catching up to me and my poor video skills. I don’t know, mine might be darker, then again, maybe not… Though I must say, I’d not thought of videoing at a strange angle, ya got me beat there… :wink:
fwiw, I just got a webcam, $65 round abouts.
My videos are much better now (still with low light condition). Though I will say, the audio from the webcam just plain sucks. It’s kinda ok with acoustic guitar, electric guitar and the audio clips horrible using the webcam microphone. I cured that by recording into a audio interface w/daw in my computer. But then ya gotta have more skills to mix the video/audio clips together. It just never ends.
imho, recording in it self is a talent. A talent I don’t have yet, but am working on.

Good noodling man. Keep up the good music!
And I agree with you about how words don’t come to me either. That’s the really really hard part…

Yea, I like experimenting with different sounds but the clean/tweed sound is always my go to.

I have been debating on getting one, I’ve been using my phone which sits on top of my amp which I know isn’t the best place to put it due to the distortion of the audio :rofl:

I appreciate it pal! And yes, people must be born with an innate talent of writing lyrics, I guess it just means we have to work twice as hard!

That was an interesting piece Lenny. I loved the tone you had there, it was early ‘70s Faces. I kept expecting Rod Stewart to launch into a vocal. Well done.

2 Likes

Oh wow! Thank you for that! The Faces along with The Stones are my go to bands! Thanks mate!

Hey Lenny!
Just came over from your intro… how long have you been playing guitar? This piece you posted is a very smooth, well transitioned, musical work of aural art! Very enjoyable to listen to with quite a bit of groove!
Thanks for posting!!!

Tod

1 Like

Hey Tod! Thank you so much for the kind words! I’ve been playing since August 2022 but I had a small stint in 2019 for a few months.

Wow! You’ve come a long way in a relatively short time!!! Kudos to you & I for one am excited to watch this project grow wings and fly! I hope you post “progress reports” as you go!
On a side note, I watched your video once, then listened twice more with my eyes closed… I had a mental picture of a deserted beach with ocean view, waves breaking gently and seagulls wheeling overhead… a sense of melancholy or loss but with positive vibes and a sense of good things coming soon!
Instrumentals often have been very emotional to me & I felt really connected with this piece.
Thanks again!!!

Tod

1 Like

Brilliant! I’m glad it makes you feel that way! I’ll definitely be posting more progress videos. I have another piece I’ll be uploading within a few days that was inspired by Planet caravan by black sabbath.

1 Like

I’m glad my reaction makes you happy! Just gave it another listen (I’m at my desk at work… should be updating Excel spreadsheets :shushing_face:) and have lyrics creeping around in my brain!!!
I really shouldn’t browse around the Community when I’m working…….
:smile:

Tod

2 Likes

Hahaha I don’t blame you scrolling the forums, it’s my first day here and it’s quite addictive! I’m always open for sharing ideas. Lyrics are the crux for me. Nothing seems to fit when I write :rofl:

I was getting more of a Paul McCartney & Wings vibe, especially from the first 20 seconds or so

1 Like

Wow! That’s sweet Lenny! and great progress for only a couple of years!
Looking forward to hearing more :smiley: :sunflower:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Paul McCartney! Wasn’t expecting that! :rofl:

Very cool, Lenny! :sunglasses: I can certainly hear what others have mentioned about your influences seeping in to it - I love that! Taking in your favourite music, distilling it internally (either consciously or subconsciously) then pouring it out into something new, but closely related, is a fabulous ability - well done! :clap: :smiley: Can’t wait to see where it goes and how it evolves over time :slight_smile:

1 Like