Somewhere over the rainbow

Hi guys,

As usual I found a nice Fingerstile arrangement and tried to learn it. This time it is “Somewhere over the rainbow”.
Last weeks have been pretty chaotic for me, but it’s always good to have a little Oasis to rewind ans relax a bit.

The last months I really only learned songs and didn’t practice technique and so forth at all, I really have to get my stuff together because a notice a decline :disguised_face:

Let me know what you think.
Cheers!

Kevin

18 Likes

Hi Kev, and Wow, great work :+1: seemed nice and steady, I felt a wave of relaxation coming over me listening to that :grin:.

The Guitar has a great sounding tone, nice and soft and mellow :+1:
Craig :australia:

Hi Kevin ,
Your guitar is outstanding :dizzy_face: :sunglasses: … but also that sound is absolutely amazing, is that computer made or do you get something like that from an amplifier with a pedal?
That’s how you play fingerstyle on a electric :blush:
Greetings…

Hello Kevin! This sounds very sweet and good! And the guitar tone is just fabulous! I hope to hear more of your recordings! :star_struck::blush: Bravo :raised_hands:

Wow Kevin, that was great, I have listened to it a couple of times. What a beautiful sound you make.

You say you found the finger style arrangement, if I may ask, where should I start looking for those kind of arrangements. It will be a while yet as I just started the Happy Birthday finger style lesson yesterday :wink:

Wow! :open_mouth:

Sounded fantastic mate. Loved it. Great expression in your playing.

What a stunning performance, Kevin! :star_struck: :clap:

That was an enjoyable listen for sure, feeling chilled and relaxed now. :slight_smile: What a beautiful tone, fits perfectly to this tune. That was like the icing on the cake of your playing. Very smooth and laid back, kind of. Thanks for sharing this one! :smiley:

That was just awesome, Kevin :star_struck:. Very delicate playing, transporting very smooth and relaxed vibes. Absolutely enjoyable :blush:.
Thanks a lot for sharing :hugs:.

That was so good Kevin, some outstanding feeling you’re conveying with that. As others have said, perfect tone out of your setup for it.
:clap: :clap:

Wonderful rendition, Kevin, thoroughy loved the arrangement, your playing, the tone, the little slides on a note between chords, and the outro run.

So nice to listen to, Kevin. I went back and read your INTRODUCE YOURSELF and your LEARNING LOG. I see you have a good musical background and I like that you are going through all the Modules.

Anyway, beautiful song and so relaxing to listen to.

Almost everything has been said already… That was beautiful, Kevin. Thank you so much for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

Lovely song, great playing and super tone. Very nice!!

Excellent ! I’m assuming an Amp sim. They have come a long way. that is all I use now.

So nice to hear dear friend! I’ve been using acoustic guitar without electric lead. But your guitar sounds amazing. What tools did you use to record this play? Just curious. :slight_smile:

Nicely played and great mellow tone, thanks for sharing this.

Lovely delicate playing and a super mellow tone. Well done Kevin.

Thank you everybody so much for loving comments. This community really is very special (:

… but just in the Playing not in the face :disguised_face::joy:

@roger_holland @SILVIA @Wheatenterrier @vasanthprabakar
Regarding the tone: I use the NUX-Plugin. It has an aux cable running to a little speaker, and my smartphone sits on top. The setup really is not really fancy :smile:

There is a picture here, the headphone amp is different, the test is the same :slight_smile:

It is called “Guitar Downunder”. It has lots of Fingerstile arrangements, but it is a bit chaotic. I do not know if I am allowed to post a link here, but you will find it after googling for a second. If not, feel free to DM me.

2 Likes

Hi Kevin,

That sounded superb.
Excellent playing. Technique looked/sounded great to me.

Digger