Song App is Fantastic!

Oh, man! For anyone on the fence about subscribing to and/or purchasing the app, I say do it! I started out with JG a few years back on the recommendation of a friend, and I normally get SUPER BORED and start to drop off around model 4 or 5 of the beginner series. This time around I decided to incorporate the app, mostly to keep me on track with song practice. Let me tell you, being able to practice/jam songs with a simulated ban behind you (which is how the app is set up) is making all of the difference for me!

The first two songs I am learning are “Lay Down Sally” and “That’s alright Little Mama.” It is sooo fun, engaging, and motivating! I also like that I am learning where it is appropriate to change chords in the song, instead of guessing and hoping I am getting it right. I realize folks have different learning styles, but I recommend that everyone at least try out the app, especially if you tend to get bored with practicing songs on your own.

Whether the app and website sync up is not an issue for me. I connect my phone to a speaker and jam out with the band. I think this is helpful, as I am gradually learning to play chords without bending over my guitar to look at finger placement. I don’t think I’ve ever been to this point where I do not want to stop practicing (the finger pain is shutting me down, however). Thank you, JG!

14 Likes

Hi Tabby - welcome to JustinGuitar and the Community.

Many thanks for subscribing and the great feedback.
It’s fantastic that you have been inspired and are enjoying learning to play.

Tagging …
@MusopiaApps @larynejg

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome, Richard! I doubt I’ll ever be James Taylor, but it is sure fun imagining :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi Tabitha, I totally agree, that the app is a great tool for playing along, getting the rhythm and band simulation and brings a lot of fun. I would highly recommend to use it at a beginners level as it helps a lot to get things going.
The only thing I would do, is to create a song sheet for every song, right in the beginning of the process to learn a new song to get an overview about the structure of the song and to memorize the it easier.

2 Likes

Hi there and welcome to this wonderful new world! Ha . Subscription to the app is a game changer for beginners I think. I’m kind of addicted to it and I do type up a song sheet so that after I’ve practiced playing the song with the app, I can then play it much better without it - using my drum machine or just no backing. And I get really excited when new songs come on the app that I know and love.

1 Like

Yes, this is something I currently do and have done in the past. My experience has been that the song sheets I create help me memorize the lyrics of a song and learn the chords I am required to play, but is not as efficient with teaching me where to change chords in comparison with the actual song. The app takes up the slack where the creation of a beginner song sheet fails. The app is the missing link, in my case. I fully support its efficiency and use for beginners like me.

1 Like

I am in agreement with you, eejjtt. The app is the game changer for me. I have lots of songs scribbled on notepads with chords, but nothing beats playing with a simulated band! I love the website for instruction, and I love the app for putting the learning into motion. The app WINS!

Certainly kept me going through grades 1 and 2 Tabitha so I feel you entirely. It fits the play and learn songs mantra that underpins Justin’s teaching. Wishing you lots more fun with the course and the app!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

@TabbTPul @Notter @eejjtt @Helen0609

Thank you very much for your positive feedback on the app, it’s always lovely to receive messages like this!

We’ve passed this thread on to everybody at Musopia to let them know that our hard work is bringing joy to lots of people’s lives :partying_face:

2 Likes