Space Oddity, David Bowie

well done. most of bowie songs are about loneliness and isolation. This one is about Major Tom got lost in space…or in drugs? who knows… He ended up on a blackstar

1 Like

Hello Claudia, this was a wonderful rendition of this song :star_struck:. So well played and sung. I hope, that I’ll ever be able play barre chords with such confidence as you do.
Great job, indeed :+1::clap:!

1 Like

Another treat, Claudia. Sounded wonderful, guitar and vocal, and as somebody mentioned the natural lighting of the video added to the atmosphere.

@jgottwals Jeremy, I don’t want to hijack this thread and start a conversation about recording. In a nutshell, based on what you said, if you have a webcam for the computer with the gear your simplest solution may be to record with OBS. I suggest search for more info here :computer: Hardware, Software & Recording and if you don’t find anything post a new topic there with info about your gear, including PC and camera, and sure many will jump in and offer guidance.

1 Like

Beautifully done!
Great playing and great vocal!
A real pleassure to listen to! :clap:

Well done!

1 Like

Perfect David! Thanks for the reference. For some reason I couldn’t find this thread but it looks like exactly where I need to be for the questions I have. Will head there and have a look see. . .

1 Like

Nicely done, Claudia!

Chris

1 Like

This is wonderful! Very confident playing and I’m jealous of your vocal dynamics, something I can only dream of having!

1 Like

That’s a great recording. You made it look easy and natural and I know it’s a lot of work to make it look easy. The original is highly produced with lots of effects but your version is engaging with just guitar and vocals. And your simple recording setup with just 1 mic did a nice job - I think the guitar and vocals are well balanced.

1 Like