Spring has come

Hello you lovely people,

I play some chords and the band trio the bass and drums…and the rest you can see…have fun listening and hopefully it gives you some spring jitters too.
Greetings Rogier

Spring has come
[

7 Likes

OK then, I’ll be the first :wink:
When your band kicked in I nearly started singing: Do you come from a land Down Under? :rofl:
But then you got going with some tasty meandering all over the fretboard.
Above my ability to comment much more than I’m impressed and it sounded good to my ears.
Gonna call you Rock ‘n’ Rolstoel Rogier from now on, dude :sunglasses:
Mind the speed bumps…

1 Like

Hi Brian,
Thanks and … :joy:
And I try to learn something new every day… .or at least make something run much better than the day before …on guitar than eh (not me)
I rolled for my phone sound :hear_no_evil: :joy:
:sunflower: :sun_with_face:

That can warm up my autumn, Rogier. You are sounding good as you dance up and down the fretboard, and are doing well with the Trio. Most enjoyable. Above my play-grade to make any suggestions to aid continued improvement.

1 Like

Thanks David,
Nice that it gives the spring feeling … or is it actually not always spring / summer with you there? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :sunglasses:
And regarding “above my play-grade”, of course you don’t have to be able to do something yourself to understand it :relaxed: … …and now 100+ jokes come to my mind :shushing_face: :innocent:
Greetings :sunflower: :sun_with_face:

Roger, we definitely have 4 seasons here in Johannesburg and feeling morning chill as we head into autumn. Leaves are still green but that’ll be changing. Of course the cold of our winter is nothing to compare to you folks living in the northern parts of the northern hemisphere. That said, I think we have a mighty fine climate.

I just checked the averages per month with you…indeed there is a dip in the temperature during “our” summer months :sweat_smile:…Enjoy it all year round :sun_with_face: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Very nice Rogier, melodic and wondering up and down the fretboard - lovely stuff!
As an afterthought for what I was saying previously about your difficulties with the upper end of the fretboard, have you thought about trying an Octave pedal, I use one occasionally to make my guitar sound like a 12 string but you can use just pitch shift instead of blending the two so you could play one octave higher? It may be helpful to you to overcome that problem.

1 Like

Thanks Darrell,

Not really yet…since I had no idea until 1 minute ago what this sentence precisely meant :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:…but thanks for the idea,…but for now I’m going to try to avoid that tummy for a long time, sit up straighter and to push the guitar very slightly differently…but from now on it is in my mind that there may be another solution :sunglasses:
Greetings :sun_with_face: :sunflower:

1 Like

That was terrific Rogier. I really enjoyed your meander up and down the fretboard. Super mellow melodic stuff.

As for Spring, it’s March 23rd and I’m sitting in the garden this evening enjoying a Speckled Hen after a day working in the garden. It was 20C at one point today!
However we have a saying in Scotland. “Ne’er cast a clout ‘till May be oot”. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
We can have snow in May!

1 Like

Greeting Rogier, that was fantastic. Just in time for the clocks changing over here. Perfect to listen to on this fine sunny day.

1 Like

Thanks Gordon,
Glad you liked it.
Ooo, then you’ve had even nicer weather than we have here (18.5c)…but it was great, I also did some light gardening this afternoon,…Ha ha, I have an idea what that saying means, And that certainly applies to here, the snow can fall in May here too.
Greetings :sunglasses::sunflower: :sun_with_face:

That’s Tops Off weather in Scotland

1 Like

Thanks James,

Good to read…, I think the weather has been nice everywhere today, hopefully a harbinger of more goods in weather and… :crossed_fingers:
Greetings :sunflower: :sun_with_face:

1 Like

James, you’ve been away too long, it’s Toaps Aff! :joy:

2 Likes

No jitters here in my part of the world Rogier, but is sure warmed my 25 degree Autumn morning. It has a lightness that uplifts me and fills me with optimism. Very eloquent music sir. :sun_behind_small_cloud:

1 Like

Enjoyed that!

1 Like

Was great again, you are on a roll here keep those wheels spinning! I would love to hear some more sustained notes with vibrato please next time :grin:

1 Like

Welcome to guitar town! We are lovely, aren’t we? :slight_smile:

Sounded good my friend, nice notes bouncing around in a melodic way. A lot to like here. Nice share.

1 Like

Hi Maggie,
:pensive:
In any case, I’m glad I was able to give you a little uplift…pff already 25c,…next week we will go here again to the 5c(?) during the day…
Greetings, :sunflower: :sun_with_face: :butterfly:

1 Like