SRV Pride and Joy unplugged

I think I’ve been at this for like 4-5 months! Started with the intro, learning from Justin a great deal on the technique and shuffle rhythm of the tune. And I had the tab laying around. I mess up big time after the solo…I kind of blanked…but, in general I felt it was a good enough attempt!

It’s my unplugged rendition of the studio version. SRV did an actual unplugged on a 12 string for MTV!

28 Likes

That was spectacular, Mauricio. Sounded fantastic and incredible to watch both your left and right hands working the magic.

3 Likes

Well that was definitely better than good enough, holy freakin cow it was amazing!

3 Likes

That is very cool of you. Rest assure, I have more embarrassing moment since I have been starting recording myself :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Okay, wow! That was outstanding! :star_struck: Playing and vocals amazing. Even pulled off your “I mess up big time…” superbly, had you not mentioned it, I would have thought that’s what you meant to do all along :joy: Well done sir! :clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Bravo and woo-hoo.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Kudos for the chutzpah and courage to go for it and give it such a good outing.

1 Like

Superb skills on show there Mauricio. Very, very much enjoyed that- am a recent SRV fan.
I’m just starting to learn just the intro sequence to this great tune, so I can really appreciate the skill level on show here to get the whole song to that level.
:clap::clap::+1::+1:
Cheers Shane

1 Like

Epic! Sounded great and the speed you play at is just amazing. Really enjoyed that.

2 Likes

That was very impressive. You did put tons of energy into it, SRV style. And the way singing and playing blended, with guitar fills also. That was awesome.

Also happy to see SRV content in Justin Community! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

WOW, that was impressive, even managing to get it all back together after your “blank” moment.

2 Likes

Well, simply outstanding Mauricio! That blew me away. Clearly a lot of time and effort has gone into that piece. Well done.

1 Like

That was very very good! I do feel electric is more suited for this tune as it’s easier to hide some mistakes in technique, timing and also some uncertainties. So besides the fact you picked a lot harder version to play you still managed to do it very very well, kudos! Although I would recommend to keep playing it to iron out some small timing issues and imperfections which were minimal. After all it would be a shame to stop playing it! :grinning: all the best

2 Likes

That was excellent!

1 Like

Wow Maurizio you have some serious skills. Awesome playing and very good vocals! Excellent performance!!!

1 Like

Go for it! The intro in itself is something great to take on!

Thanks for the feedback! It’s been quite a while I haven’t gone back to electric…i’ll have to go back and try it!
The swing and technique/accuracy…not that I even felt that I had them completely down, but I felt good when playing along with the record! Now, playing by myself, that’s another story! XD But i just wanted to put out the attempt. I think I kind of ran out of patience, recorded it 3 times in the same sitting, and chose 1 to share…just to feel a “personal challenge - done” kind of thing
I started with the intro…then started fooling with the solo (mmhh, it’s within reach in my acoustic, i thought), then the outro solo (i uploaded an instagram post a while ago)…then started attempting the rest…and then trying singing over (which i did not practice very much hahaha, Justin has a video on playing and singing which has guided me). I went all in into the rabbit hole of tackling the song XD

2 Likes

ah man that was awesome, top playing!

1 Like

That was fantastic, I love SRV and you played it so good. Well done

1 Like

I’d no idea that song could be rendered so well on an acoustic, but wow!! Amazing work!

1 Like

Wow!! :fire::fire::fire:
That was really impressive :metal::raised_hands:t2:
Loved it!!

1 Like