Stairway To Heaven [1/6] by Led Zeppelin Lesson

I’d love to see an updated version of this as well.
I know it’s one of those songs that many people (including Justin according to the intro!) don’t want to touch, but it ranks alongside the Smoke On The Water riff as something everyone should at least try :slight_smile:

I’m not good enough to play it yet, but I do think that as one of the songs I really want to play, it should be compulsory to try from day one :wink:
Stuff that we can’t do at the start is great - as long as we know that it is going to be a few years before we can actually manage it. It is a really good way to judge improvement.

I have wanted to play Gary Moore’s ‘Empty Rooms’ and the intro to the song, which is ‘So Far Away’.
I’ve only been going for a couple of years, with several large gaps. I could figure out the first 3 notes of So Far Away after a month or two. Now I can just about get through the whole thing (OK, it’s only a couple of minutes) with a few clunks.

The best songs should be targets, and as long as someone goes through the basics (which are the hardest) such as Justin’s course, even beginners need to get their aim in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve always been of the opinion if you enjoy the song and want to learn it or listen to it go for it. Like wonderwall, I’ve heard so many complain about that song and beginners playing it but it’s a classic. Or jumper by third eye blind. Nickel back…. Screw what peeps think if it brings you joy then go for it.

1 Like