Starting Writing Songs

View the full lesson at Starting Writing Songs | JustinGuitar

I’ve always enjoyed watching the videos on the community of the original songs written by members of the community. There were some fantastic performances with some really good songs. It would be really good if the community had a topic where those that have experience writing their own songs could share their creative tips.

@Socio James There is you just posted on it.

I would love to see this lesson even more explained with examples about the syllabes the structure etc .

This topic ought to have it’s own section IMHO, so each person doing this, could have their own starting post. The song writing and composing and production, is spread wide over different sections. It should be one category for this and divided into different sections / tabs.

I have been looking around, where to post my process of writings and composing.
Also it could be a good place for others to look for inspiration.

Some prefer to only post, when the process is done and they have the finished piece.
I would to luv to have separate section for this, so it doesn’t get mixed up with the learning log and also, it will by far be more easy for others look through. - It will serve as a great support for others who would like to write and compose their own music.

Then there is the “Originals” (Not covers) in a different section. - They ought to be at same place. Justin encourage us again and again to write and compose our own songs.

My suggestion is something like this:

Category - Song writing & composing, production, hardware, software…

In my mind, song writing and composing goes together. No matter if doing either or both, it ought to have the same section. - Then each person can have one Starting post like the learning log.

The production, hardware, software and what else it could be, I have no clue about.
But the lesson about production covers Logic Pro X, which I will never get into.
(DAW) Digital Audio Workstation and the hardware, software etc needed, could have one or however, but those using these things would know much better than me.

and lastly, the final product showcase section, which already is somewhere (Originals - (Not Covers)).

I used some hours through the night, as I already wanted to get things started. But I was unable to really find a good place, as I have these poems and want to compose music to them. Also more writings or poems might come or already made poems get a change-over, while also composing and don’t want to split it up. If I posted one place it didn’t suit and other place didn’t suit either. - I also want it separated from the learning log. - Eventually I went to sleep without finding a good spot to start posting stuff. - After waking up and more looking I decided to make this post.

It is just my suggestion. If it stays as it is, I will find my way around it somehow. But it is not very encouraging for others who also want to get into this IMHO.

Sorry if I have missed something obvious, but I did take another look after waking up and couldn’t find anything I should have missed or misunderstood. - But if so, please give direction and accept my apology. :heart: :pray:

PS. Edit - Maybe this post, should have been posted somewhere else?. My apologies!

1 Like