Steady Thumb Primer

This lesson is all about mastering the art of solo Blues guitar - a style that lets you create a full, rich sound all by yourself – no backing track or singing required. It’s like having a whole band at your fingertips!

3 Likes

Thank you Teacher for making some Blues accessible/approachable/attainable for me (all the 3 options from Google translator work fine :slightly_smiling_face:)
You know the Blues is not my thing, but it’s super cool I will have a couple of Blues Arrangements in my Repertoire.

I think it’s very unlikely this will be a starting point for me to get deeper into the Blues and what it involves, like improvising for example (I’m a “Classical girl” after all :grin:), but…there’s a but…I checked the Primer Lesson and as you were playing I was following along with my eyes on the musicsheet on the screen and I thought: “I can learn this”. Then I re-watched and re-listened and I thought that learning the arrangement shouldn’t be difficult by applying my “nerd-like approch” *.
Now I hope I’m not being too bold…let’s see what I can do! :sweat_smile: I’m planning to start working on it in October. What matters is that it’s gonna be fun!

*my nerd-like approach being defined as my personal interpretation of all your precious teachings (well…only those I’ve been able to understand) plus the way I love my daily practice routine to be and how I live my guitar journey plus the general knowledge I’m building along the way, primarily from the direct experience on the instrument.

:joy::grin::innocent::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It’s about time, Sylvia. See you on the otherside of the crossroad very soon.

2 Likes

Yes ! Silvia is joining us in the blues wagon :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

2 Likes

Hahaha … yes yes you can wait for me :joy:

2 Likes

Excellent primer as prep for the full thing - and really helpful idea to practice the individual bars for a few days before trying to put the whole thing together. I also found it helpful to practice pairs of bars (3,4 then 5,6 etc). I’ve been working on thumb-finger independence and this makes it lots of musical fun!

Just to check my theory, the thumb primer is in E dorian? (E F# G A B C# D), so the second mode of D.

Thanks Justin. This is great. Love the blues.

1 Like