Strings not being amplified

I have an Epiphone 335 replica with bridge and neck humbucking pick-ups, and I am wondering why the B & G strings are not sounding through the amplifier, on both pick-ups? No issue with the amp’, cables, etc. as I have played another guitar through the set-up.

Pickups generate electric signal that is induced by the strings vibrating in the pickups magnetic field.

So it could be:

• Wrong strings / strings not ferromagnetic - try replacing them with a new set of electric guitar strings.
  • Pickup height is too low to induce a signal, or action on these strings is too high - raise pickup and / or lower action.
  • Faulty pickups, where those poles are either disconnected from the circuit or not magnetised.

Perhaps could be something else? Someone with more knowledge might know. I’d start with those though.

3 Likes

My guess would be a faulty pickup or strings action too high. I would start trying to see if action is much different to other strings, then if it is trying to move it closer to pickups. If that doesn’t help what begs a question is why both pickups are having same issues? Could be anything really so I guess eliminating issues one by one is your best bet.

2 Likes