Strumming Patterns in Song Library

The strumming patterns recommended for songs are often incorrect or misleading. This is especially problematic for new players who are the ones most likely using this feature. May be best if deleted or additional options also provided. At the least, I would recommend having a brief note indicating that the pattern listed is just one option out of many possible choices. This would definitely be a benefit to beginner players. @larynejg @MusopiaApps

2 Likes

agreed, it just leads to massive confusion….the recommended strumming pattern almost never applies to the way the song is portrayed in the strum along portion. this topic has been questioned frequently on here and never seems to get properly addressed/fixed. @larynejg @MusopiaApps

1 Like

@dblinden @LesPaulMoreRay

Thank you for getting in touch and for your feedback surrounding this topic. The thinking behind the current suggested strumming pattern is to provide beginners with the most simplified version possible so that everyone can play the song no matter what their ability. However, we do appreciate that more intermediate and advanced players will prefer to see an accurate strumming pattern displayed.

We will be looking into this closely to see what we can do to add a more accurate strumming pattern for songs whilst retaining the simplified version for beginners.

If you have any further thoughts on this/suggestions, we would love to hear your feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

not true….beginners need the exact strumming pattern. int and advanced can wing it.

2 Likes

Ray beat me to the punch. I appreciate you reading and responding to my initial post. However, my message was misunderstood. As I am starting to become a little more “intermediate” in my playing, I am not as reliant upon suggested strumming patterns. Am starting to figure these out for myself. But as a beginner, I have wasted a lot of time and had frustration trying to apply “the simple strumming patterns” in the app because they often don’t work. As a beginner it’s very hard to sort through this. I seriously doubt that I’m alone in this.

Edit: One more point to add. It’s not that any one strumming pattern is more difficult than another. That’s not the issue. The problem arises when there are one or two chord changes within a single measure that don’t sync up with the initial strumming pattern.

1 Like

I agree that having a second strumming pattern that is more accurate would be a big plus to keep things interesting after a few months of using the app.

1 Like