Strymon Cloudburst

Did anyone else see the demo of the new Strymon Cloudburst pedal they did on the Andertons Youtube channel yesterday? Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve ever heard anything like that come from a single pedal :dizzy_face:

(Wanders off to check his bank balanceā€¦)

1 Like

They make great pedals

I owned quite a few (and sold the ones I didnā€™t use because I switched to a very flexible digital processor (Mod Devices Dwarf). I kept my overdrive, El Capistan delay and Bluesky Reverb because they are just too good to sell!

This one sounds great as well and if I didnā€™t have another oslution, I would be seriously considering it.

I saw that earlier this morning, absolutely stunning sounds that my playing most certainly doesnā€™t live up to or justify (fortunately!!) :wink: :rofl:

Iā€™m wondering what the hell Iā€™m going to do when I win that Klon once they hit the 1m subs mark :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have been looking at scratching the reverb itch again.

I had pretty much decided on a Boss RV-500, as the Big Sky has limited availability.
I did go down the rabbit hole of considering a multi-effects like the GT1000, but they donā€™t do as in depth reverb options as the big dedicated pedals.

I think Iā€™ll need to do some more research, to see if the RV-500 or BigSky can do what this pedal can :confused:

I saw that video (and a flood of others that came out at around the same time).

Strymon make high quality pedals, and it sounds like this one follows that tradition. Iā€™m tempted, but I just dropped some cash on an Analogman ā€œCompROSSerā€ compressor pedal. I probably shouldnā€™t spend more on pedals right awayā€¦

Iā€™m sure the Cloudburst would be a fine pedal for performing or recording, but I think its big attraction for me would be its role as a creative/inspirational tool for ā€œjust playing,ā€ practicing, and writing. Kinda like how I use my Freeze pedal, currently.

Love Strymon!!!

Like everything Strymon does the sound quality is absolutely stunning.
I donā€™t think I would have a use for something like this though. I find this kind of ambient reverb to sound cool in demo pieces, like this one, specifically tailored towards the effect. But itā€™s hard to use in ā€œordinaryā€ music IMO.

And the problem with all the small Strymon pedals (again just IMO) is the lack of presets. Either I would go for a simple, but great sounding, reverb using only on-pedal controls that does awesome Room and Hall reverb (for example Neunaber Immerse Mk2 - had that one on a board for years)ā€¦ or, for home studio/recording, something with presets like a Source Audio Collider or Source Audio Ventris.

My favorite Strymon pedals so far is the Strymon Flint, Strymon Deco and Strymon El Capistan.

I feel that I could take one of these, along with a fuzz pedal and listen to awesome feedback effects all day saving the effort of having to learn to play my guitar :joy:

I think you put your finger on my gut reaction to this pedal, and expressed it clearly. Thatā€™s exactly why I think the attraction of this pedal is more about ā€œjust playingā€ than performing or recording. Of course, thereā€™s something to be said for having fun and just playing. Nothing wrong with that at all.

I recently removed all drive/boost pedals from my board except for a fuzz. (Not a permanent thing, just messing around and experimenting.) Itā€™s been a lot of fun, and increased my appreciation for how sensitive fuzz can be to dynamics and guitar volume knob changes and such. Fuzz is such a cool effect.

2 Likes

The G.A.S. is strong in this one, :mirror: :eyes: even as I type this that very pedal is sitting in both my Andertons shopping cart and my Reverb cart. I havenā€™t clicked on the buy button yet but Iā€™ve got that itchy feeling going on, and to be honest, I donā€™t mind that feeling but this will be the third time in a month. So I guess I need to ask myself, will it sound good with a Microcosm? :thinking: