Stuck In The Middle With You (Stealers Wheel)

@batwoman Hi, Maggie. Coolest cat in COVID 19 isolation at the moment. Glad you like my work. Thanks for all your encouragement.

@DavidP Thanks David for that over-the-top feedback. It’s truly appreciated. The video sync thing was sort of by happenstance. Just thought folks might get a kick out of it.

@brianlarsen Brian, there you go with that Old Man thing again. The 70s seems like yesterday to me. How about the 50s? Meticulous approach translated OCD. You sync to yourself very well, Mr. Larsen, and it’s always a pleasure to watch and listen to you. Thanks so much for the feedback.

@crocodile1 Hi Leo. Glad you were able to catch this one. I did a similar thing with Clapton doing a live version of Cocaine. I do appreciate the kind words on the mix.

@Bytron08 Glad you like it and were inspired by it. Appreciate your listen and feedback.

@sairfingers Gordon, yeah, “weird”, “sick”, lots of adjectives for these. I appreciate the kind comments on the performance. The cowbell? Believe me, I tried. I went around the house banging on things to see if I could get something close. Couldn’t do it. And I was too cheap to buy one for what’s probably going to be a one-time clang. Thanks for the listen and feedback.

@CT Hi, Clint. Thanks for the nice comments.
I totally appreciate and understand what you are saying about player and guitar videos. Maybe we can have a discussion in another forum about DAW production, plugs, MIDI MIDI-
programmed music, pitch control, plugs, loops and the like. I too have definite beliefs of what AVOYP means.

@Mari63 Thank you Mari. Glad you enjoyed it. There’s a lot of good music from back in the day. I just enjoy roaming around YT and practicing transcribing some of it.

@pkboo3 Thank you Pam. I appreciate those kind words.

@SgtColon Hi Stefan. Thaks for that great feedback. Glad it hit home with you, and hope it brought back some good memories.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m OK with this forum being all inclusive. No need to press a personal preference into some kind of rule. Will I ever shut up about it? Uh…I will refocus on giving members credit for recording music showing them playing the guitar (even if it takes multiple tries). I would rather uplift live video recording than downgrade DAW production moving forward.

Those of us that have done a measure of DAW work know that it’s easier to hide things under the rug while taking as much time as you need while doing it. It’s a great skill, don’t get me wrong, especially for music geared toward mass consumption. It is its own thing, so still a pretty cool form of musical expression.

That was another superb video, Dave. It brings a light hearted moment to life watching the artist playing and singing with your playing and vocals but at the same time we get to enjoy your great playing and vocals. I enjoy watching the more experienced players play to learn from them but at the same time I enjoy the multi-track productions. Maybe next time you can treat us to some backstage footage of the production as well :wink:

This is really great! :blush: Sounds terrific! :clap::clap::clap: I didn’t know the song, such a nice one as many oldies are :heart_eyes:

@SILVIA
If you’d like to learn it Silvia Justin has a lesson for it. Stuck In The Middle With You by Stealers Wheel | JustinGuitar.com

1 Like

Aaaaaargh.

1 Like

Thanks for the link…but no new songs for me, until I have decently nailed a reasonable number of those I already started to learn…I guess too many :roll_eyes::joy:

1 Like

Dave what magic you weave and great you breathing life into another old classic.

The video completely threw me, as I remember that old ToTPs footage extremely well (fun what you recall from half a century ago!) Brain was already hearing the original vox and up popped your good self. Fantastic ! Great vox and the instruments were all up there as well. Another slick production and superb timing to match the OT. You are the man in the pocket. Good vibes.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

@CT I’m in agreement with a lot of what you say here. Still, it would be a good discussion in another thread maybe.

@Socio

Thanks James. It was meant to be light hearted and fun, and I’m glad you see it that way. I’ve thought about trying to somehow blend my playing with one of these videos, but I’m not very good at video. We’ll see what happens if I do another one. Glad you enjoyed this one.

@SILVIA Thank you Silvia. I appreciate that feedback. Yep, there’s a lot of oldies that are a good listen.

@stitch Good catch, Rick. Thanks.

Maybe later, Silvia.

Thank you, Maggie. That was very thoughtful of you. Fortunately, the COVID down is passing.

@TheMadman_tobyjenner Toby, Thank you. I can imagine that threw you a little when you were thinking here comes Rafferty, being that you had a memory of this video. I hope you weren’t too disappointed that it wasn’t him. Sounds like you just went with the flow. It’s all just having fun. I appreciate your feedback.

3 Likes

Wow this was great, love this song and the lip syncing was genius :laughing:

1 Like

Nice one Dave :+1:

@Nancy15 Thank you, Nancy. Glad you liked it and enjoyed the video.

@liaty Thanks for stopping by, Dave, and for the feedback.

Hello Dave! I am very happy to listen and see your new cover, as always everything is played and sung at the highest level, and I also want to add that I am simply delighted with the synchronization with the original video, bravo!

Mike

Terrific Dave! Love the attention to synch it over the ToTP video. 99% thumbs up as you didn’t play the cowbell :rofl: :slight_smile:

@MikeSebastianP
Hi Mike. Glad you stopped by for this one. I appreciate your feedback. I had a fun time putting it together.

Tnsnk you for those comments @Notter. Wow, 99%!! I’ll take that all day long, but will think about a cowbell purchase in the future.

1 Like