Sulis Noctis - Trees & Flowers (Strawberry Switchblade cover)

It’s Bandcamp Friday so all proceeds go to the artist. Please buy as many Bandcamp releases as you can today!

For this split Sulis Noctis/Hawthonn single we will be donating 100% of the proceeds to the Just Giving campaign in memory of Em Clav, who sings on both tracks and sadly passed away a few weeks ago. I played guitar on and mastered the Trees & Flowers track.

xetb.bandcamp.com/album/trees-and-flowers

2 Likes

Good to see you have moved over to the new Community home, Gregg.

The song was wonderfully performed and produced, just like the others you’ve shared before.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend and band member.

1 Like

I enjoyed that Gregg.

I only know one Strawberry Switchblade song but this one has made me go and check some of their other stuff.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah still getting to know the new format here, have all the old posts and discussions been carried over?

Yah, Strawberry Switchblade are great, been a fan since I was a kid. Then came back to Rose McDowell’s later career via getting into Current 93 and associated stuff as a teen. She has a really nice, guitar heavy, folky album under the name of Sorrow too, well worth checking out.

Is it just me, or is it almost impossible to read the reply text when using either of the Dark themes here?

Beautiful song. Well played, sung, and produced.

I’m sorry to hear of the loss of your bandmate. Please accept my condolences.

1 Like

Greg, there was no automated migration of content from either the Forum or the Disqus lesson discussions on the website.

The Discus lesson discussions are no longer available, that is now integrated with the Community and a fresh start.

The old Forum is still accessible in read-only mode. Some Forum members chose to copy & paste over content from mostly a Road Case or Recordings.

That is an issue that has been raised and work needs to be done to improve those themes. Don’t have an update at my finger-tips.

1 Like

Thanks @DavidP It’s good to see everything integrated and on the main website now. No worries about the older stuff.

I have set the theme back to standard for now.

Thanks everyone for the kind words abut the music, and Emily. She was a shining star, taken far too early from us. She was an NHS doctor of child psychiatry, helped a lot of people. Also a keen folk singer, board game player and Morris Dancer. Wish I had had the chance to get to know her better (we had mutual friends and played Talisman online once!) RIP