Summer blues

I am putting out a challenge during spring and summer to practice 4 day a week at 1/2 hr each day. Most people stop playing guitar because they are too busy during spring and summer . Let’s commit now and practice.

4 Likes

I practice EVERY day. It’s now part of my lifestyle. Don’t have to work out if I’ve done my X days this week. Even if it’s only 10 minutes a day, just do it.

2 Likes

Tony that’s awesome I also practice everyday and enjoy it so much that’s why I want people to join me with this challenge. Maybe can tell people what we did each week to keep motivation during summer. I will start be saying today I tried a looper pedal for the first time and played a c to a min to g looped and played the min pentatonic over it and was very fun.

1 Like

For the love, play every day.

1 Like

Hi Jeff, my challenge rather would be NOT to play half an hour per day :joy:. I practice every day and my problem is to find an end. I could play for hours…even in summer…

1 Like

My routine is also practice and play everyday. The split is usually 1 hour each of play and practice. not always two hours but generally not less than one, with again a fairly even split. I would be lost without a guitar to hold. :smiley:

1 Like

I would suggest its a good target for Beginners for sure.

Me ? 1 to 2 hours a day minimum, everyday. But shoot life sometimes gets in the way and I’ll reluctantly not pick up for a day or two, however that’s normally when family matter are prioritised. But even then I’ll try and grab 15-20 minutes here and there if I am home. Simples.
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I play everyday day that I can and that I am home. It could be anything from 10 minutes to an hour or more depending on the time I have available. I play because I love it ,and it’s never something I need to fit in ,and it also doesn’t worry me if I miss a day or two. At the moment I am on holiday with the family and I haven’t played or even thought about playing for the past week and it doesn’t really bother me.

1 Like

I like Steve Stine’s mantra;

" Practice on the days you eat".

Simple to follow. Works for me.

2 Likes