Summer Of '69 - Al

This is Summer Of '69 by Bryan Adams…

Still some rough edges and polish required in particular between sections but been a while since I’ve shared a video and this song hits a lot of the consolidation items I wanted to work on…

Wasn’t quite where I wanted it consistency wise to play on the OM earlier but thought I’d get a recording out instead rather than wait until Sept.

Enjoy and thanks in advance for any listens / comments… :grinning:

10 Likes

Great tone Al, nice and tidy with the pick placement too :+1:

1 Like

Great stuff Al. Just needs a vocal now!

1 Like

Sounding pretty good on this one Stefan, instantly recognizable. Some good tones throughout. Vox and a BT next and you’ll be rockin the roof off. What I would add, is you have a lot of headroom to boost the levels on this one. I checked the YT stats as it came in a little low volume wise and true enough YT shows it as -14.7 db, so you could easily boost it by 8 db and still be comfy, when the vox are added. Looking forward to seeing this develop.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Sounding really good, Al, opening in particular is very confident and really delivers the energy of the song. My 1 suggestion would be to take that energy to the riff on the D chord, really dig in to that as well. I’m not a big Bryan Adams fan, but this song I love. It’s a great rocker, and you’re doing really well playing it.

2 Likes

Hi Al,
Good one :sunglasses: :clap:,
All good advice has been given as far as I’m concerned…have fun playing
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

nice job Al

1 Like

Well, that certainly does sound like Summer of 69. Keep it up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Al, that was great you are getting better and better with every new song you release, that was smashing! Definitely OM worthy material :wink: all the best

1 Like

Hey Al, well all has been said by others so all I can add is positive vibes and say that I think you’ve passed Grade 2 consolidation :wink: keep up the good work

1 Like

That was some sweet playing Al and I though good enough for an OM.

Just add vocals. :wink:

1 Like