Super Easy 2 Chord Songs

You Sound Good to Me is C and F but requires a capo on the first fret which you haven’t talked about yet at this point in the course. Just another FYI that might confuse and discourage new players when they realize that what they are playing doesn’t sound like the original recording.

Thanks!

1 Like

I know you haven’t taught F and G yet but Dreams by Fleetwood Mac is just those two chords and is a super popular song that many people are familiar with.

Thanks!

1 Like

It’s funny, because of the 7 songs listed, only 2 of them are in A and D!

Boys Round Here
&
Blowin’ Smoke

As someone else pointed out, this could instantly turn off new players! You only need 2 songs anyway to know that you can play the A and D chords.

Might want to re-think the list. Also new players will have no idea what a capo is or how to use it etc.

Thanks.

1 Like

I didn’t use the app but the practice assistent on the website. I’d like to share my experience. If you did your A-D switch practice you’re gonna be fine, at least for the first two songs. The third doubles in speed. You won’t play perfectly but try it for a few days. After three days I was able to do the final song quite consistent and clearly. Here are my tips:

1. Try to put your fingertips as much on a 90 degree angle on your strings as possible. This helped my from bumping my ring finger against the first (e) string.
  2. Use your anchor finger truly as a pivot and move your hand position for the chords. I noticed once I started doing that the side of my hand stopped touching the e string.
  3. The A-D 1 minute exercise makes you race yourself to the point you get sloppy. This is okay and gives you the speed to play the practice songs. I’d say once you get to about 40-45 per minute you’ll be able to keep up with the final song.
  4. Don’t get frustrated during the song. You just started to learn, so making little mistakes in natural. Focus on the rythem and once you get the hang of that, start cleaning up your chords. Listen and look which strings aren’t vibrating (most likely the e string) and try to adjust your finger/hand position slightly to clean up and make your chord sound better.

Remember. Have fun!

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @buckingham76 Great to know it wasn’t my ears that were out of whack. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@buckingham76 & @Argonaut779237 - Just FYI a capo at the second fret will allow you to use the D and A shapes in the right key to play along with the original :+1:

4 Likes

Fantastic, thanks for the help @Notter :+1:

2 Likes