Support Needed For Aging Guitarist

5 Likes

Btw Toby.
That chair looks to be the bee’s knees.
Aah … comfort at last.

I don’t know why that makes me think of an apocryphal tale of Gustav Mahler, in a first trip to the United States, being taken to see and hear the majestic sight and sound of Niagara Falls. At the sheer volume he apparently exclaimed to his friends, “Ah yes! At last! Fortissimo.”

2 Likes

I was going to say something a bit naughtier than that, no prizes for guessing

4 Likes

After bringing poor Sophie’s plight to us and then this, I wonder just how long the day has been Richard? Perhaps a soothing cup of cocoa will settle you?

2 Likes

@batwoman

Maggie - so long that I can’t even remember what poor Sophie’s plight was!!
:dizzy_face:
:sleeping:

2 Likes

May the fortissimo be with you !

Just spent a comfortable 90 mins, slowly looping (could be limping) round an intro to a popular song in these here parts recently. Pleased to say its just my finger tips that are numb! Just got to remember to put the arms down after practice or I will need those straps.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Maggie all is cool with the old pupster, she just adopted her usual position as the chair was put together and as usual slept through my practice session. She’s totally oblivious to my music even at OM rehearsals. I am sure she going a bit deaf in her old age.
:dog: :headphones: :hear_no_evil: :hear_with_hearing_aid:

2 Likes

7 Likes

You beat me to it Jason! Yes, the whole thing was really entertaining. Quite something to end up playing at the Isle of Wight festival!

1 Like

Haha, I missed this- excellent @RobDickinson :rofl:
With all this talk about stools an’ butts / chairs on wheels, I was expecting to see Rock ‘n’ Rolstoel @roger_holland pulling up to the bumper :roll_eyes:
Back to practice now…

2 Likes

:joy: I was driving in circles… :confounded:, but a mild cold means I can’t shoot everything sharp…

Haha! Yeah, butt and back. I feel your pain and am looking for comfort myself.

Yeah, @DavidP his “clickbait” is how I got here too, LOL!

2 Likes

Or maybe an exhaust port :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

@DarrellW Contenance, please! :shushing_face: :joy:

@Helen0609
Oh Andrea, didn’t they tell you it wasn’t a handgrip to pick it up with???
:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Really? You’re kidding… never tried this before :joy:! So glad, that there is so much technical support from this community… :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes