Support Needed For Aging Guitarist

Well that got you thinking, I bet !! :rofl:

Not quite up to a GAS post but my aging butt has been needing some support for longer sessions. My “guitar” stool is ok for short stints but turns uncomfortably numb after about 15 minutes. Like you wouldn’t ride a hard tail chop coast to coast would you ?

The 30 year old office chair works fine but the arms have been a right PITA and bad for my playing posture. So with sign off from the Boss (and no not Springsteen) I got myself a modern office chair !!

Nothing special you’d think but it has guitar friendly “space saving” arms. Yehaa !!

So now my butt and my guitars are happy bunnies. :rabbit: :rabbit: :rabbit: :rabbit: :rabbit:

Life is good.

:sunglasses:

12 Likes

Talking of Aging Guitarists! I saw just the programme for you on BBC IPlayer the other day >> BBC Two - Rock Till We Drop . Just right for you :rofl:

4 Likes

Toby goes click-baiting. You caught me, my friend. Enjoy that comfortable easy ride.

3 Likes

:joy: :rofl: :joy:,Yep
That looks really fantastic, :sunglasses:…it makes me think a bit again…shall I???
And I send my good thoughts to your beautiful dog :relaxed:

1 Like

Binge watched it after your recommendation :joy: pretty good I thought, that 77 year old singer was a right madam wasn’t she?

I watched the last episode last night. I thought the right band “won”. They just seemed to gel better than the others. To be fair most of the band members had been in the industry in some shape or form for a long time (and still were). Fun to watch and pity it was obviously impacted so much by Covid…shame the bass player lady had to drop out I thought she was good.

1 Like

I’ll have to wait for the repeat. Despite my VPN being set to London, Beeb still sees me as a Johnny Foreigner when accessing iPlayer.

Not seen it yet, her indoors keeps hold of the remote :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Oooo nice shiny shiny chairs, very nice!
Thought about getting a gaming chair for me but they’re a bit pricey for the one that I like!

1 Like

Your chair already has hole for double shoulder harness seat belts.
Do I see some serious head banging songs in your near future.

2 Likes

Think they will be more useful for restraints to stop me falling off the chair in a few years time. :rofl:
But hey, you go me thinking ? About time I had another power chord work out. Its been a while since I ripped it up !! :metal:

2 Likes

Wanna see my chair? Enough for my butt :joy:

6 Likes

And it has a bass port!

9 Likes

That was so funny I needed straps to hold me in my chair!

2 Likes

… and you’ve hooked another one in Toby. Put a motor on the new chair when the Harley gets too much for you :laughing:

2 Likes

:joy::joy: Had to stop my practise session, no more concentration possible. How can I ever use this stool again without thinking about that?

6 Likes

Ooops sorry I ruined a practice session!

2 Likes

For me, it has been a long day …

Screenshot_4

2 Likes

I’m not done yet …

Screenshot_35

3 Likes