Suzanne by Leonard Cohen

Thanks Mark @TheCluelessLuthier , I was using mainly thumb and index finger for the picking, very simple with no real pattern. Like you I do not enjoy a pick and cannot get used to thumb picks. Hope it helps provide some ideas.
@Gonetoearth Thanks Godfrey, pleased you enjoyed the song. May well do a slower version with Lara.
@jpedro_AM Thanks Joao, it is a lovely song, pleased you enjoyed my effort.
:smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

I have started using leather picks with some success. I can grip them better with my numb index finger, and the stiffness of the leather helps control the string attack.

Interesting, I have not come across leather picks. I tried wooden from Thalia. Not bad but I still mostly use Dunlop or similar. But I do find that my fingers do most of the work, sometimes I do not even think about a pick.

1 Like

That was really good, Mal.

Likewise until I tried the Fred Kelly Speed Pick

Thanks James, what are they? Have not heard of them.

I came across them as they were recommended by one of the fingerstyle instructors that I follow. You can get them on amazon. I tried the usual dunlop thumb pick recommended and just couldn’t get used to it, so gave up trying. Then one day thought I’d give these a go and adapted to them right away.

Thanks, will take a look

Hello, Mal!
It was a great effort, you quite succeeded :clap:
The soft, neat guitar sound and pleasant singing are a wonderful combination :+1:
Thanks for sharing,
Leo

@crocodile1 Thank you for your kind words, you are very welcome. :smiley: