Suzanne by Leonard Cohen

After seeing Mr Larsen play ‘The Future’ I am inspired to add another Leonard Cohen song. I like to mix up my playing of this song, sometimes finger style sometimes a little more upbeat, which this one is. I hope you enjoy my effort.

18 Likes

Hehe, how cool is that?
It feels like we’re having our very own unofficial OM here this morning, Mal :laughing:
Interesting take on the quick strumming for such a well-known slow song.
I miss Lara’s vocals/harmonies
Thanks for making me smile :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Mal,

Wow, wonderfully played and your voice was made for this song, great with the dynamics in your voice, absolutely wonderful wonderful BIS BIS BIS :sunglasses: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bouquet:

Greetings

1 Like

The finger style version is for me, deceptively difficult. Very simple but with slightly different timings throughout the song. Lara is not here so you only have my voice today.
Pleased it made you smile. :smiley: :smiley:

Thank you @roger_holland, pleased you enjoyed the song. :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

I was wondering why there were two Cohen songs, well, reading your intro the inspiration makes sense.

Suzanne, it’s a great song and probably Cohen’s second most well known after Hallelujah, right?

Great cover Mal. I thought the variation in your performance was really good. Added a lot to the song.

1 Like

Thanks JK, pleased you enjoyed the song.
Is it the second most known, I do not know? There used to be a ‘joke’ about Cohen when he first came round about music to cut ones wrists by, due to the way he sang and lyrics, I suppose. Never saw them like that, I have always enjoyed the man’s music and could record many more. At a later date maybe. :smiley:

1 Like

Very nice, Mal. Loved how you played this. Would love to hear the Fingerstyle version too!

Hi Mal, that was very enjoyable. Well done.

That was a very interesting take on Suzanne Mal. Yes you certainly lifted the ‘music to cut your wrists to’ into another dimension with that very upbeat strum pattern. You made that song very much your own and I enjoyed your version. Well done.

Love this Mal! :clap: :clap: :clap:
I love the song and the upbeat version works really well, it was very enjoyable.
I’d love to hear your fingerstyle version too :smiley:
You and Brian have inspired me to learn a Leonard Cohen song too. I’m going with Lady Midnight.

Thank you Pamela, pleased you enjoyed the song. I do enjoy playing it with a more upbeat tempo. I will though at some point record a finger style version. :smiley:

Thank you Boris, I am pleased you enjoyed the song. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Gordon, pleased you enjoyed a different take on the song. :smiley:

Thank you Jasmine. There are many Cohen songs worth playing, I look forward to your version. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Mal, this is awesome and I’ve enjoyed it very much! The mix of upbeat and some fingerstyle worked really well!

Thank you Silvia, I do enjoy playing this song. :smiley:

Great job Mal! I was really paying close attention to your strumming/picking hand. Since I don’t get along with normal picks, I am always looking for ideas. :wink:

Lovely Mal, just lovely🙂 The faster tempo works very well indeed. Great playing, nice vocals and yes, let’s hear it again with your daughter’s harmonies - that would be a treat!

Great performance, Malz! Such a beautiful song.